Author Topic: I can't figure it out!  (Read 643 times)

Offline cherrymama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 02, 2009, 16:33:39 pm »
My DD is 4 months.  We have switched to a 4 hr schedule.  She has been STTN for the past few weeks.  It's her naps that perplex me.  She started waking earlier the past 2 days in the morning.  Yesterday was 6:25am and today was 6am. THis morning when she woke at 6. I left her play/fuss on and off until around 6:45.  I then got her up and fed her.  She went down at 8:30.  Not a word.  She's had 45 min naps for a few months now.  Occasionally we get longer ones, but there almost always interrupted at 45 min, it's just that sometimes he puts herself back to sleep.  So this morning when she crashed at 8:30, sure enough she woke at 9:15. But she woke babbling and chatting.  No fussing.  That's fairly typical.  The thing is, some might think that's all she needs if she wakes happy, but yesterday she woke at 45min b/c of a poop. I changed in and put her straight back in the crib.  She slept for 2 more hours!  Clearly she can and will sleep for longer, but what am I doing wrong?  Is her wake time wrong?

Here was our schedule yesterday:

woke:6:30am
out of bed and feed:7am
Nap:8:45 - 9:30 (change diaper, back to sleep till 11:30)
eat: 11:30
sleep:1:30 - 2:15 (45 min nap)
eat: 3pm
sleep: 3:45 - 4:45
eat: 6:30
sleep: 6:50pm

Why do you think she woke at 6am today?  She used to go to bed between 6-6:30pm b/c of her short naps, but the last couple of days it's been closer to 7pm.  Should I pull it back again?

Thanks everyone!!

lilac83

Re: I can't figure it out!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:03:41 am »
Hi -

When you were putting her to bed at 6pm would she then sleep until 6am? It could be that 6-6 is her bodies natural pattern for now. Why did you move her to the 4hr EASY? Was she giving any indication she was ready or did you base it just on her age? Broken naps like that can mean OT (obviously the one you mentioned she pooped so that's a different story) and 45min naps can be either OT or UT.

I would start by putting bedtime back to 6/6:30pm so she can at least get some 12hr nights. That will help combat any OT building up.