Author Topic: What does your typical wind down consist of?  (Read 837 times)

Offline Jiinx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
What does your typical wind down consist of?
« on: October 07, 2009, 22:43:55 pm »
just curious to see how and what everyone does for their wind down :)
*Sarah*

Offline LeeLeeMelis

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • My sweet Wesley...
Re: What does your typical wind down consist of?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 23:07:18 pm »
We always read a story (quiet, calm voice) with a cup of milk at bedtime, turn off the light, sound machine goes on, grab teddy bear and say "it's time for rest so lets close our eyes" and then we lay him down and (hopefully) he's in dreamland on his own. It wasnt always so cut and dry, Wesley is 14 months so before he was one we would have a nursing in there at bedtime.

I hope that helps!

Offline *Jo*

• 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 23:22:49 pm »
depends on the age, we used to take him into his room, swaddle or sleep sack, read a book or two, go around the roomto say goodnight to all the animals on his wall, some cuddles with a little bit of a sway and maybe a song and into cot,

now its into sleep sack, one book 5 second cuddle before hes pushing me away and so into the cot!

gotta find what works for you :)

Offline mumtoerin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 02:30:58 am »
Mine doesn't really even fit the term "wind down" it's so fast it's ridiculous.  ::) We go into her room, grab her snuggle rug and she immediately starts sucking her thumb and snuggling up to the rug and often will snuggle into my neck or lay her head on my shoulder. I wind the music box and we walk to the window during the day - and lamp at night time - pull blind/switch off lamp and we say "time for sleeps now". I walk back to the cot and we sway and snuggle while the music plays (maybe 2-3 mins?) and then when the music stops I lay her down and tuck her in.... 4 out 5 five times she's already got her eyes closed and on her way. Occasionally she requires a bit of PU/PD to get her there... but she's getting better.  ;)

Offline Jiinx

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 02:51:18 am »
Wow awesome wind downs ;) I was trying to wind down my lo for 7 hours...lol from 3:30 - 10:30...egads
*Sarah*

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 05:32:01 am »
Our nap time wind down usually is:

-Rock in the chair for about 5-10 minutes (either sing some songs, look at a book, or just talk in a soft voice)
-Go to his room and swaddle
-Walk around the room and turn off the lights and turn on the fan
-Stand by the crib and sway and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle little star"
-Say nighty-night
-Down in the crib he goes...I shield his eyes and rub a little on his chest for about 2-3 minutes

This only works so well for us now because I finally started picking up on his "ready for his nap" cues :)
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline Chariel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Happy happy Jude!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 21:39:53 pm »
For naps we go into my room, look at books and sing songs. Then we head to his room and say as we enter "Time to go nighty nite" then we put down the blinds, saying good-bye to Mr. Sunshine (just like Tracy  :) ) Grab his lovey, then turn on the CD player and sit in the chair. We listen to a couple of lullabies and I sing along. While still singing Rock a bye baby, I lay him in the crib and say shhhh, shhh, and night night. I go and turn off the CD player and turn on the fan and leave.
At night it is switched up in that we nurse then listen to songs but that is about the only difference. I tried to follow pretty closely the BW routine and it has made a big difference!