Author Topic: Jarred food and problems with lumps.  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Jarred food and problems with lumps.
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:35:50 am »
My LO is 7 months and has been on solids for the last 2 months. He is not a big eater but it is going ok.

The problem is that he does not seem to enjoy my cooking!! I have given him the odd jar (organic good stuff) when out and about and he seems to eat that much better. Are jarred foods really that bad for babies.

Also, he seems to only want pureed food and doesn't seem to like anything I prepare with lumps. Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline koe2moe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:43:09 am »
Hi vally

Some hugsss for you.  I tried cooking our own food at the first 2 weeks and got so frustrated and tired.  We only use jarred foods.  DS loves it.  They are very tasty and no additives, salt or sugar.  I don't see there is anything wrong with feeding LOs with them.  But I can see one down side, the food for older babies, here from 8months, there are so many ingredients in one jar, I don't have a choice of what's in there.  I think if you have worries about allergies, then be cautious.  

About the lumps, perhaps your LO is just not ready for texture yet.  Let him take his time but do keep trying.  Then he gets to learn.  

Good luck and HTH