Author Topic: 6 Weeks - EW from Naps  (Read 1623 times)

Offline ~Sara~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 264
Re: 6 Weeks - EW from Naps
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 06:16:45 am »
MommytoMisha--another thought I had is, is she swaddled?  If not, then I really recommend that for a baby as young as she is.
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline MommytoMisha

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 22:47:39 pm »
Thanks again teraseda. She is swaddled and I've found my hand on her face to be more calming than S/P lately. I was able to extend the last 2 naps with only 1 return inowever each time. It's always at the 30 min mark. My husband and I were thinking maybe we need to stay 30 min with her instead of the recommended 20 to get her into deep sleep. However I'm not sure how staying with her is any different than coming in to put the pacifier back in....

Offline MommytoMisha

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 23:25:58 pm »
P.S. I was rereading The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems and she mentions that EW after 10-30 min is a result of an Inadequate Sleep Ritual. Today I followed her ritual exactly and what I found REALLY makes my baby mad is the Sitting (holding her upright on my shoulder, swaddled, without moving for 5 minutes). We didn't make it nearly 5 minutes because she started screaming and struggling. I put her down in the crib and she was much happier and ready to drift off to sleep.

Offline ~Sara~

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 16:36:49 pm »
The 30 minute naps are still classic OT.  Have you tried scaling back her A times??  If so, what is she able to do?

Because she's so young, you can do a bit of APOP to help her catch up on sleep for a day or so.  Then, you just have to work on making sure her A time is the right amount for her, her wind down is good, and that she's not OS.

Glad to hear about your epiphany re: her wind down preference!  All babies are different, so if it works for her, then that's great! :D
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline MommytoMisha

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 03:30:52 am »
It's so hard to discover the perfect A time. I feel like it varies throughout the day. Perhaps her A times need to get shorter as the day goes on because her naps get worse in the late afternoon/evening.

Offline ~Sara~

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 19:35:44 pm »
I know how you feel...some days I wish DS could talk already!

It's very possible that her A times need to shorten as the day goes on--it's not uncommon for LOs to need that.  Give it a shot and see how she does!
*formerly tersaseda*