EAT > Bottle Feeding

Help! My baby will only dream feed

<< < (2/3) > >>

mini_egg282:
I wonder if you could try a very different bottle/nipple combo so that he doesn't recognize it...or a sippy cup, though it's probably pretty early for that. You might have to try a different feeding position too to trick him. Prop him up in the corner of the couch or use a reclining baby chair...And maybe don't try feeding him from a bottle when he's awake for a week or so - might be long enough for him to erase the bad memory...just some ideas...

~*Nicole*~:
It sounds gross but since he'll take the chamomile tea could you try mixing formula into it little by little until he is taking more formula while awake? Sort of how we transition our los to cow's milk? Maybe gradually he will accept it.

mini_egg282:
I just realized last night that I am basically in the same boat as you. I practically force fed my baby when he was teething and now he won't drink from the bottle unless he is asleep :(

Today I am planning to just keep offering it to him every 5-10 minutes while he is awake, without pushing him to take it. Eventually he will get hungry enough to drink it. He will drink a little bit from a sippy cup though, so I'm going to offer that too. Hopefully that doesn't hinder my efforts at the bottle.

Please let me know if you find something that works for you because I could use the help too! We did three dreamfeeds last night between 8:30 and 11:00 pm, but I think we need to stick to one. I considered feeding him during his nap yesterday but I'm glad I didn't as it seems that would just make problems worse...

supercoop:
good news is.. the doctor was right.. he has finally grown out of it now that he is 6 1/2 months.. now that he is on solids ( doctor suggested we start him early) .. and finally he taking a bottle..   he needs constant distraction though to drink 6 ounces.. singing, open window.. and now we use educational video's..  he gets so engrossed in the video.. he just sucks away

now I'm having trouble getting him to self sooth.. and go to sleep without the swing.. tackling one problem at a time,,

rwtslo:
We are having the same issue.  Our 4 month old would not take a bottle unless he's asleep. How did you solve the issue for your little one? Or did he just grow out of it? Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version