Author Topic: Fifth Anniversary Tribute Thread  (Read 21685 times)

Offline Site Admin Team

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Administrator
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: November 23, 2009, 22:03:14 pm »
Tracy Hogg, RNMH “The Baby Whisperer”

Born and raised in the north of England, Tracy worked in several reknowned hospitals including St. Catherine's Hospital for the Mentally Handicapped, where she first discovered her gift for understanding children's cries, gestures, body language, and other nonverbal cues–a talent she would later apply to babies. When she emigrated to the United States in 1992, Tracy began to work exclusively with parents and their new babies, helping them make the transition from delivery room to first diapers and eventually into toddlerhood.

In 2001 Tracy, working with her co-author, award-winning journalist Melinda Blau, published her first book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How To Calm, Connect, and Communicate With Your Baby, which instantly became a New York Times bestseller. Just one year later, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers was published and became a national bestseller as well.  In June 2002 Tracy teamed up with Discovery Health in Great Britain to produce a fifteen-part television series entitled The Baby Whisperer. Each episode demonstrates not only Tracy’s incredible problem-solving skills, but also her compassion for children and parents. In 2004, even as she was battling a life-threatening disease, Tracy and her co-author collaborated on The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. Because Tracy knew that this might be her last book, she was determined to cover every conceivable problem so that even if she couldn’t help parents personally, her book would.

Sadly, Tracy lost her battle to melanoma on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2004. Five years later her legacy lives on in her books, her tapes, her television programmes, and, mostly, the spirit of this website. Babywhisper.com has realized one of Tracy’s greatest dreams: to create a place where thousands of devoted parents can come to share their experiences and to support one another. What she possibly didn’t imagine, though, was that this virtual community would also make sure that her wit and wisdom could never die.    

I hope that you will join us in paying tribute to Tracy on this thread. The thread will remain here in this board as a lasting tribute on this special day.

You might also want to light an candle in memory here:

Light A Candle

Or add our special 5th Anniversary avatar to your profile as is attached below.To add it, right click on it and choose 'save image as' to designate where to save it on your computer.  From there you can upload it to your profile.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 21:55:38 pm by Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad »
The Babywhisperer Site Admin Team

Offline Canwi

• Retired GM and Mod still paying it forward
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 253
  • Me, in a picture
Re: Fifth Anniversary Tribute Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 20:59:03 pm »
Tracy saved my DS2 from reflux with the entry in her "Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" on reflux. 

Both my boys have good sleep habits and I'm regularly complimented on their manners etc.

Wish you were here to thank in person. 
Thank you Tracy. 

8) I BFd a combined total of 4y, 1m & 1d

Offline marensmama

• Showing Appreciation 202
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 21:03:14 pm »
Thank you Tracy for creating the BW philosophy.  You have helped me become a better mom than I was ever equipped to be, and I want to thank you and this lovely community that lives on in your honor for all the help and understanding that I received here.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I hope you can look in on us all from wherever you are, and know what a difference you have made in our lives! 
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 21:03:34 pm »
Thank you Tracy, you have been an inspiration.

You have taught me so much through your books and have saved DS from many hours of crying.

Rest in peace knowing your legacy lives on.
LAURA xx

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 21:51:20 pm »
  Tracy, what a beautiful soul you must have been. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your wisdom, patience, and your tireless love for babies and thier Mommies. 
  My own mothering is firmly rooted in the BW ways, and it has made both my husband and I the best parents we can be. We truly believe that we have you to thank in so many ways for this wonderful 3 year old that we have. A lovely, miraculous girl who has always been respected, loved, and whispered to, since before she was even born. 
   You know that old saying "Babies don't come with instructions.."?  Well, I give your first book to every new Mom in my life, and always I inscribe it with "They say babies don't come with instructions....well, I believe that they do, and I believe that you are holding the instructions in your hands right now...Happy Baby Whispering."
   This site is a tribute to you and your blessed work, and I am grateful for it each and every day. It truly is a safe haven, and I will be thankful for it always. I will never forget the night I stumbled onto it, exhausted and sobbing, with an exhausted and sobbing newborn. It is here that I found the most supportive and loving home...full of Mommies that were and remain a lifeline for me.
   May you continue to rest with peace, and know that your legacy will live forever through millions of happy children and thier parents.
   I thank you, and my baby thanks you.   :-*

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 21:54:38 pm »
thank you is all I can say.
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 22:14:21 pm »
I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me - not sure I would ever have understood my Touchy DD if I hadn't read your book - I thought I had an angry baby  :(

When my friend gave me the book when DD was 10 wks and I did the know your baby quiz and read all the 'symptoms' of a touchy LO everything seemed to fall into place - I began to understand my super-sensitive touchy little girl.

Thanks for making me a better Mum - not sure if I could have done it without you . . . and all the lovely folk on this site who carry on your 'work'  :-*

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 22:18:29 pm »
Thank you Tracy for giving me an anchor point for my life and my parenting - always a book with advice I could turn to, always a friend on this site that i could turn to for guidance
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 22:50:35 pm »
God Bless You Tracy! You saved our family and made me a better mother.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline *Jo*

• Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 00:20:41 am »
Thank You Tracy for bringing these methods into our lives, We are a happy well rested family, we have a great bond of trust established and I know my son so well. I owe it all to you, I mention you to all Mothers in the hope that they will know what we all know, how to teach our children independant sleep, how to read our babies cues, how to be better parents!

I know my life as a Mother would have been completely different had I not found your book and I know God put it in my life for a reason!

Offline Joey'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 00:22:28 am »
Thank you, Tracy, for helping me understand what mothers and babies are all about.  Thank you for immortalizing your gift to help so many mommies around the world.
Mary Pat

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 00:35:43 am »
Thank you Tracy.  :-*

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline rach

• Showing Appreciation 322
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 01:12:02 am »
I will be eternally grateful to this wonderful lady.  Her books and TV show helped me so much when Charlotte was a baby.  Who knows, if it weren't for her, perhaps I would never have had the courage to go on and have 2 more babies!

Rest in peace.

With love, Rach xxxxx
Rach xx

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 01:25:50 am »
Remembering you today and always Tracy. :'( :-*

Offline mimi1017

• Showing Appreciation 6
  • Thank God to BW!
    • GelyBelleVCreations
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 01:34:18 am »
Rest in peace Tracy and know that you are an angel to all the new mothers out there that follow your techniques.  If it weren't for the knowledge you shared, I don't think I would be the mother I am today, and have a happy baby who is well fed and rested.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
[<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.etsy.com/assets/js/etsy_mini_shop.js'></script><script type='text/javascript'>new Etsy.Mini(7422656,'thumbnail',4,2,1,'http://www.etsy.com');</script>