Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four  (Read 58010 times)

Offline AshleyB

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2010, 01:22:41 am »
Chandler snacked her way through the day.

Breakfast: Cheerios with milk and blueberries
Snacks/Lunch: a bite of cheese, half a cereal bar, a sausage ball, three bites of banana
After-nap snack: YoBaby 3-1 Meal (peach and squash)
Dinner: blackeyed peas and cornbread, fruit salad

She also asked for milk five times today, then drank an ounce and threw it down
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2010, 04:13:28 am »
Today was such a lazy day (tired from new years)

B-eggs, cheerios, and milk
S-eggs and toast (our guests ate break. later and she wanted some lol)
L-chicken dish we had for dinner last night after she went to bed and juice
S-raisins and some milk a little while later
D-ravioli meal and topped up with a bit more of the chicken dish and milk

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:24 am »
today was slightly better then previous days, sometimes i feel its not worth posting as he hasnt eaten anything!

B: strawberries and a small amount of scrambled egg.
S: dried fruit flakes whilst finally grocery shopping :)
L: yoghurt (thats all he would have)
S: iceblock
D: full bowl of beef and veggie risotto (yay i was so happy) then he had a left over chocolate marshmallow santa! :) a little treat for finally eating a full bowl of something!

I know its still down to having milk at night but he has now picked up a croupy cough so i feel bad not letting him have it when hes not 100% i know there will always be some excuse but just need to find the willpower within myself!  ;)

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2010, 11:39:21 am »
mashi...what is brotchen?

Just saw your question now, Shiv.  It's more or less a bread roll, but to me, the translation of calling it a 'bread roll' doesn't really suit it, so I don't like calling it that!  I guess just because bread rolls are different in England (and in Canada, me being Cdn) than they are here, so ... !  They are quite dense inside and crusty on the outside, I rip them in half and DS picks the bread part out.  He likes them plain, just the bread.  I do see most toddlers here eating pretzles (the thick bready baked German kind, not the hard ones that are in a bag like chips/crisps, iykwim?) but the pretzels are COVERED in salt, large chunks of it and even if you take the salt off it still tastes salty. So I prefer just the plain brotchens - and with a bakery every thirty steps it's a good bribe to get him in his buggy!!

Nicole thanks for that link...I'll have to look into them. I wonder if I can order them from some of the "American foods in Germany" online stores, I am out of Cheerios and Sudocrem so need to do an order next week, some of those would be handy. There are jarred foods in abundance here, all HIPP and Nestle brand though, no Gerber. We never did jars when he was younger but I tried a few when we were making the move because we had a few days where groceries were scarce as you leave one house to another, kwim, but he hated them. I find even the 18-24month jars are really "puree-ish" here, and he's been off purees since about 9 months so totally refuses.  If I could get those toddler meals I bet they would be a 5 night a week thing (oops!)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2010, 14:39:40 pm »
mashi-That's the ONLY problem with them. They are already pre-cooked so just need to be warmed 30 seconds in the micro. which makes it seem SOOOOO appealing to DH and I. DD really likes them..I think b/c they are actual pieces of food..not pureed, but usually have a sauce and they are usually softer and a tad "overcooked" for my taste...so easy to eat....but more importantly...easy for DD to use her own utensils hehehe. B/C they are pre-cooked you could serve them not heated up of course if you are out and about and if your LO doesn't care that is an added bonus!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2010, 14:44:14 pm »
Thanks Mashi!  I can't get DD to eat jarred food either.  She'll eat the fruit ones which I add to cereal and yogurt but will not touch the meal ones at all. I found them quite bland to taste though. I like the idea of the toddler meals, must have a look  about and see what is available here.     She does like some of the Ella's organic range (come in pouches) and I generally have a few at hand to do for days when I am disorganised.  There is a veg lentil one that I serve with rice and pasta and so handy!  I imagine if I find a range she'll eat we'll be eating them a lot too! 

Glad Max's eating is picking up!  I'd tackle the milk when the excitment of the holidays has completely faded as it'll be hard to keep up the motivation before then xx

Today we've had:

B:  Toast (DH doing breakfast...very imaginative!)
S:  Cheese cubes and water
L:  Tomato soup and bread (eats it with her hands...so messy!)
S:  Fruit cup
D:  Will be rice with veg and lentil pouch, yogurts

Really need to get a proper shop done!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2010, 18:25:49 pm »
Yeah the jarred foods are bland and DD stopped wanting to eat them and would just spit them out. TBH I think she MIGHT eat them now as it was partially an independence thing I think as she preferred finger foods she could feed herself...but I'd rather not go backwards LOL

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2010, 20:13:40 pm »
Happy New Year Ladies and LOs  ;D

So . . . haven't posted lately what with Christmas, a mini trip to Bruge and generally being lazy we've been winging it a bit on the food front - am starting to feel guilty that I've not been feeding A to well - but she's been a bit off her food anyway as the cold she had produced some HUGE ulcers in her mouth and I think it was uncomfortable for her to eat  :(

Anyway, am giving myself a gently kick up the backside and trying to get some decent food into all of us . . .

Today went like this
B: bowl of porridge, milk
S: none - out and about, late breakfast too
L: cheese (new favourite thing), crackers, few crisps, banana, diluted OJ
S: had some rice cakes in a bowl when she was playing - think she only ate one tho
D: sausage and 'dutch potatoes' (mash pots with carrots, cabbage, onion, topped with seeds) was on her plate - think she ate a couple of bites of sausgage before she signed finished, asked for a banana which she demolished, then had a bit of DH's fruit cake with milk before bed

Mashi, thanks for the explanation of brotchen - I too was wondering what it was, Shiv beat me to it by asking you. Also thanks for the pancake recipe as I like the idea of the oats . . . tho have to admit that I've recently discovered Jamie Oliver's recipe (he did it with his girls on the Christmas specials) and it's so easy that I've made them for breakfast a few times over the festive period - just in case you want it . . .

1 cup of self-raising flour (I use quite a big mug as the one he used was HUGE)
1 cup of milk
1 egg
pinch of salt

whisk up all the ingredients in a bowl and then add anything you fancy - I've done grated apple and chopped up banana so far - but will also try with blueberries, grated pear, etc

melt a bit of butter in a frying pan - and put in a couple of spoonfuls, turn when starting to brown underneath (you can kind of see it happening) and then serve with whatever you fancy - we did creme fraiche and a drizzle of honey.

I've always made the English style pancakes - but these fluffy American style ones take some beating and they are SO easy - and they are a massive hit with DH and DD  ;D

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2010, 02:58:50 am »
Today was pretty good for food I think

B-was late (around 9:00)-rice chex cereal, avocado/banana fried in OJ, cup of milk
S-couple of cheese flavored crackers
L-pasta with a pumpkin sauce (used the leftover canned pumpkin from pumpkin pie cheesecakes I had made for New Years lol) and apple juice
D-Family gathering, buffet style: some green beans, some broccoli/sunflower see/raisin/mayo thing, some mac n' cheese with ground beef, some rice and black beans, some ham and milk
S-Cake and pumpkin pie cheesecake (little bits) -- BIG FAN LOL

Gave her some milk before bed as dinner was early (3:30/4:00 ish) for the family b/c they drove down 2 hours and didn't want to leave late.

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2010, 21:01:42 pm »
Jumping in as I need inspiration for DS - he seems to eat the same things over and over and over and over and over!!!!

Breakfast - Ready Brek (made with formula - too scared to switch to regular milk yet)
             - about 1/2 chocolate chip brioche (other half he ripped into teeny tiny pieces before sweeping all onto the floor ::))

Snack - some yoghurt coated raisins, few bites of fruit and puffed rice cereal bar (he fed the rest to DH)

Lunch - 2 'fingers' of tuna sandwich, couple of organix corn snacks, 4 blueberries

Snack - 2 cheese 'thins' (crackers)

Dinner - Roast chicken dinner (ate some peas, some sausage, a minute piece of chicken, 2 pieces of sweetcorn and a mashed up roast pot fed by me)
         - Small piece of Vanilla and pear cake with custard

I'm guessing that when pps say that their LOs ate 'Goldfish' they don't mean actual goldfish right???!?!?!?!?!   ;)

Steph XXX

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2010, 21:08:51 pm »
thanx so much for posting that recipe Mashi...will def give it a go!

well after a week of eating i fear we are cutting yet another tooth as the food is a no go again!!!

B-ready brek..ate a few mouthfulls,tried toast and she threw it!
S-biscuit
L-out for lunch at a chinese restaurant..she ate a few bits of chicken, odd bits of noodles,threw her plate and announced 'i 'tinished!' ::)!!'
S-satsuma-sucked the juice out and threw the skin! what is it with the throwing!
D- lasagna and veg..refused and asked for toast.she ate 2 small squares and a yoghurt.

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2010, 21:32:13 pm »
squeakersmum--Goldfish are a brand name of small cheese crackers shaped like fish

Yesterday, Chandler ate her weight in fruit:

B: a few bites of banana bread and blueberries
S: half a pint of blueberries
L: blackeyed peas and cornbread and fruit salad
s: Snackimals
D: fish filet with macaroni and cheese, green peas, mini chocolate chip cookies
Spirited/Textbook

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2010, 00:44:52 am »
Sorry about that. Yes cheese crackers shaped like fish LOL They come in a variety of flavors!

Today was:

B-I don't remember what my mom told me (she spent the night there so DH and I could go out oooh la la)
S-My mom was feeding her on and off, baked beans, leftovers from dinner the night before, some pumpkin pie cheesecake.
L-meatloaf, again with my mom, no idea how much and what entirely she ate there, but my mom said she was eating everything offered so I can't complain.
S-cheese and crackers
D-toddler meal of raviolis again (DH made dinner in the crockpot BUT added uncooked rice and it was still hard when DD needed to eat so I could get her to bed on time LOL so quick threw that in the micro and gave that to her. hehehe)

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2010, 03:34:36 am »
Today, Chandler ate:

B: half a banana, banana nut bread, blueberries
S: oatmeal Snackimals
L: string cheese and crackers (she has a cold and said she didn't want to eat, so I just offered to them while she was watching a video and she ate them)
S: rice pudding, milk
D: beef stroganoff, pasta, broccoli, mandarin oranges
S: the rest of the oatmeal Snackimals from her morning snack, milk

She's been eating well at almost every meal lately, and she's really starting to get her baby fat back
Spirited/Textbook

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2010, 12:33:23 pm »
I still get a kick out of how they put on weight, then shoot up, put on weight, then shoot up. They go through such funny phases. DD has gone through spurts where her belly looks pregnant! Then she gets a bit taller and it evens out. Goofy.