Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four  (Read 57992 times)

Offline speechie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2010, 04:17:04 am »
Ditto to the eating machine observations- I know Nick's had crazy eating some weeks and at one point grew 1.5 inches in 1 month...I guess they just need it some weeks. As far as ribs go- Nick is really solid, has the toddler belly, but you can still see ribs. Always ask a doctor if you have any question about health, but good energy level, shiny hair, bright eyes are all good indicators of health in my opinion.

Today Nick ate:
B: waffle with maple syrup, orange slices, milk, juice
L: turkey and cheese sandwich with mayo, broccoli and cauliflower mix, banana, milk
D: spaghetti with marinara sauce and meatballs, broccoli, carrots, and milk. Chocolate and strawberry ice cream.
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2010, 06:48:15 am »
Cathie - just remembered that you asked about the cake Alice had been eating  ;) It was my Gran's 'Christmas Cake' as she calls it. She's Polish tho so it's not like the fruit cake with marzipan and icing that I think of as Christmas cake - it's more like a gingerbread/spice loaf, iykwim? I've seen pics and heard about some of the cakes you make - not sure it's in the same league tho it is lovely cos no-one else I know gets it for Christmas and when your nearly 88yo gran makes it you love every bite  ;)

Yesterday
B: bowl of porridge with raisins, half slice of jam on toast, pear, milk, diluted OJ
S: half a toasted currant teacake, hot chocolate (trying to defrost after being outside!)
L: 2 veggie sausage rolls, kiwi and yoghurt (ate half), water (not great lunch - we were going out but buses were cancelled due to black ice so had to improvise)
S: half a pack of organix cheese & herb puffs, water
D: half a baked potato with veggie chili and cheese (ate a couple of mouthfuls, picked out a lots of beans, signed finished), asked for pear and satsuma (ate both), mini mince pie, milk

Offline MLK

• Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2010, 10:41:47 am »
DS1's growth spurts used to last only a couple of days - that's why I'm so amazed at this 2-3 week episode. I think he might actually be starting to slow down though!

B1: boiled egg, toast, MSPI eggnog
B2: Some of my banana, honey and yoghurt (we are starting to introduce dairy and he insisted he wanted some. So we'll see how it goes. Last time he came out in hives)
Snack: homemade blueberry muffin, mixed dried fruit
Lunch: ham and french toast (ate the ham, chewed up the french toast and spat it out). Blueberries
Early dinner: (we were going out): Leftover satay chicken, rice, broccoli
Snack while out: homemade currant scone with honey
Dinner 2: Roast duck and more broccoli - seems to be keen on broccoli again! MSPI eggnog

Hmm after reading all that, diesn't seem like he's slowing down at all. And thanks Cathie for the reminder for the doc - he has missed his 18 month checkup due to the holidays. Must book it.

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2010, 13:43:26 pm »
I'm not sure how she's eating at daycare, but she's not eating much at home for dinner lately. Even though we've served her favorite foods, she still won't eat but a couple of bites. The frustrating part is that she tells me she's hungry and eagerly climbs into her high chair. Then, she rejects the food. Last week I thought it was because she was sick and had a sore throat. She was also cutting a molar. Now, however, I'm not sure.

She's clearly still hungry and tries to mooch off anything we're eating later.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2010, 17:15:35 pm »
Ashley we get that here a lot, too.  About 10 minutes before dinner, DS is climbing up into his highchair, screaming, and then when I tell him he has to wait a little bit for dinner, he throws himself on the floor and cries.  When he does get in his chair all of 3 minutes later, he has a pea or two, maybe licks some butter off of a slice of bread, sticks his fingers in whatever I offer him, shakes his head no, and then gets out and then doesn't want anything else to eat.  Like, starved enough that he's crying his eyes out at having to wait, but yet perfectly fine with not eating any of it  ::)  If either DH or I gets caught eating anything then in the next couple of hours, he demands his share of it, but if we don't snack (or get caught!!) then he's fine with not being offered anything. 

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2010, 17:29:23 pm »
Toddlers, who'd have them?!!  If its not being picky, its eating us out of house and home and if not that then they are refusing to eat nothing at all!!!

Today:

B:  Pancakes, sliced cheese, big bowl cereal with milk, then asked for a yogurt!
S:  Fruit pot
L:  1 1/2 slices french toast, raisins, 1/2 innocent fruit smoothie (first time and she was fairly keen...I will get her to eat enough fruit some way!)

S:  None as dinner is early as I am going out for coffee with the girls!! wooo!!!
D:  Will be Bolonese, pasta, garlic bread, yogurt

May have toast before bed,  depends on DH!!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2010, 01:38:41 am »
Weird couple of days b/c of the sickness. After DD had it, I got it...now DH has it. UGH.

My mom kept DD overnight last night so not sure what she had for today but I should be back around tomorrow.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2010, 03:06:26 am »
Spencer day:

B- cheerios, soy milk
S- MumMums
L - orange, small container of applesauce, toast
S - soy milk, was mad over a new sippy cup so not much else
D- applesauce again, half a pear, container of banana & prune babyfood, slice of pizza, soy milk- ate every last bit of food off her placemat!

Heidi

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2010, 13:19:50 pm »
I will get her to eat enough fruit some way!

PMSL!! You sound like me - we have to try and 'win' the battle somehow LOL!

Yesterday:
B: 2 weetabix with raisins and warm milk, satsuma (which she insisted on peeling herself for the first time - little miss independent! - it took some time but she got there in the end), milk

At CM:
S: biscuit and water
L: chicken, mash, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, yorkshire pudding and gravy, yoghurt, milk
S: small milky way and milk

At home: (late dinner due to unscheduled visit to doctors*)
D: veggie chili and cheese in tortilla wrap (ate most of it - so I 'won' the veggie chili battle  ;)), piece of home-made savoury flapjack, pear, mini mince pie, milk

*trip to the docs confirmed that A has chicken pox - tho she doesn't seem too bothered by them just now. Will see how it affects her appetite over the next couple of days . . . this morning has gone well tho.

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2010, 15:31:00 pm »
Chandler finally ate her dinner!

D:Basmati rice mixed with fr. asian vegetables and teriyaki chicken meatballs; apple sauce
She was still hungry two hours later and asked for a cereal bar, so we were happy to oblige since she ate so well at dinner.

Oh, and she also found YET ANOTHER stash of M&Ms. We're going to have to get more crafty with hiding them.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2010, 19:25:06 pm »
Despite the chicken pox (which doesn't seem that bad to me?) A has eaten pretty well today . . .

B: porridge with raisins, pear, diluted OJ
S: half a toasted teacake with jam, shared hot chocolate with me
L: crackers served with some slices of ham and cheeses (double gloucester with onion & chives, wensleydale with cranberries) - DD LOVES cheese at the moment, can't get enough of the stuff, milk
S: piece of home-made savoury flapjack, juice
D: scampi, chips and (some) peas, pear, slice of cake (Cathie - 'traditional' Christmas fruit cake  ;))

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2010, 19:44:11 pm »
Sorry to hear Alice has the chicken pox  :-*

What's in your flapjacks Berni?  I'm assuming those are flapjacks English style, not American style? BUt have never heard of them being savory, would love to try them!

My DS loves cheese as well but I would be dead shocked if he ate wensleydale! Well done Alice!!

Not a great day today and now he's been waking up coughing every 30 minutes since he went to bed so I wonder if he's coming down with something

B: milk, three handfuls of dried cheerios and one piece of cold toast with butter
S: rice pudding with cherries
L: would not eat ANYTHING because I offered pate on bread and didn't like it - so refused to eat at all
S: entire banana and half of an apple
S: two large pancakes with maple syrup, 1/2 bag of organix carrot sticks (obviously making up for lunch)
D: bit of pasta bake with ham, some garlic bread, some tinned apricot halves and more cheerios

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2010, 19:54:13 pm »
Shiv - J likes those fruit smoothies as well. Odd really as they are quite tangy. Again - one of the only ways to get fruit into him  ::). Have you ever tried humzinger dried fruit bars? J likes those as well.

Today has been a bit dull really. Tried a few new foods earlier this week but seems bored of that again now  ::).

B Shreddies, few spoons of wheetabix, silly amount of toast and butter
S Wanted Dad's muffin that he was stupid enough to eat in front of him - chocolate chip no less - so shared that.
S Apricot fruit bar, cheese cracker, bite of apple, few bites of my crumpet
L Cheese on toast, refused yoghurt, raisins, then ate some of my sausage roll as well
S Threw strop as I wouldn't let him eat his way through a packet of shreddies, so had a few
D Potato face, fish finger, scrambled egg, yoghurt

So not that bad on paper for here  :P.

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2010, 23:14:48 pm »
Shiv - J likes those fruit smoothies as well. Odd really as they are quite tangy. Again - one of the only ways to get fruit into him  . Have you ever tried humzinger dried fruit bars? J likes those as well.

That sounds like a good idea!  Do you get them in health shops or just normal grocery stores?  Have never seen them but any way to get fruit into her!   

Hope Alice's chicken pox get better soon.  Its good they aren't annoying her though.   And hope mini-Mashi's cough doesn't get any worse.  And hope you are are on the mend Nicole!

Oh, and she also found YET ANOTHER stash of M&Ms. We're going to have to get more crafty with hiding them.

Tell me about it!  Maeve seems to be able to sniff out treats in our house. I'm going to have to eat it more quickly!!

Today:

B:   Big bowl of cereal, yogurt
S:  At music time at library they do a fruit picnic for the kiddies so I had 10 grapes, M had none!
L:  Cocktails sausages, yogurt, chocolate bun (at SILs)
S:  Raisins, sweet potato and spinach
D:  Chicken, few chips, rice, fruit cup

Offline ~Alexa~

• Showing Appreciation 117
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2010, 00:18:31 am »
I'm so excited I'm finally joining this thread!!  ;D :) I wanted to join months ago, but my lo would only eat purees and gerber!! But finally, with the help of some lovely BW ladies, he will eat almost anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!

So today:
B - 1/2 banana + beans with tortilla (you'll think this is weird, but that's what we eat here!! We eat beans with everything! haha)
L - fish + rice + fruit
D - french toast + 1 yogurt

I can see that some of your los eat A LOT compared with what Patrick eats, but he is not such a good eater, so this makes me very very proud! Also, our main meal is Lunch, not dinner, so he will have something light for dinner!!
Also, my lo doesn't eat snacks.  He used to have 2 snacks, but he didn't eat anything for lunch nor dinner, so I stopped offering snacks.  It has worked pretty well b/c now he is hungry enough to eat decent lunch and dinner!