Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four  (Read 58002 times)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2010, 01:05:58 am »
Woo Alexa!!! Glad you're here!   

Patrick looks like he had a great eating day!  Not a fruit loop in sight!!!  xx

Offline ~Alexa~

• Showing Appreciation 117
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2010, 03:20:12 am »
Thanks Shiv!!! You're right! No fruit loops today!!  ::) ;D wooohooo!

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2010, 04:12:34 am »
breaky - porridge with honey, diluted juice
snack - few pieces of each of the following raisin, dried apricots, dried apple rings, almonds, pecan nuts, sunflower seeds, water
lunch - vegemite and cheese toasted sandwich, milk
snack - jelly and mango cup (he helped me make these yesterday), homemade pineapple and mango iceblock, water
dinner - will be ckn, sundried tom, fetta and olives with roast potatoes, choc cake, milk

also quite a few jelly babies today as rewards for toilet training when he tells me he needs to go ;D

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2010, 08:04:06 am »
well max has improved quite abit and I'm feeling so much happier! :)

B: full piece of honey toast
S: 2 petit miam yoghurts  :o
L: cut up fritz, cheese and strawberries
S: almost a full peach!
D: full bowl of veggie and beef risotto
S: iceblock and maybe a yoghurt or some fruit later on before bed!

I'm alot happier with his eating the last few days :)

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2010, 10:54:51 am »
Looks like a great day for Max, Bek!!

Alexa, I think that if he is having beans in the morning for breakfast it is a great way to start the day! Beans are so healthy, lots of protein and iron and fibre!  (Wish I liked them, will have to get some recipes from you of good ways to cook beans!)  The main meal here is always at lunch as well, we tried it for a while because I think it's better than having a heavy meal sit in your tummy int he evenings, but we weren't able to get into the habit of it, it also means DH having his meal at work and m and DS eating alone which is odd.  So instead DH eats a full hot meal at work with his coworkers and just has another one at home with us, the pig!!!

DS ended up with a fitful night, coughing and so stuffed up, none of us slept. Has hardly eaten today so no point in posting it!  I think it is actually his last canines moving to the surface, he does a good week of congestion and a post-nasal drip cough the week before his teeth move up/down. 

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2010, 19:27:46 pm »
Welcome Alexa  :-*

Well done Max and Jacob - who both seem to have eaten quite well. Keep it up little men  ;)

Thanks ladies for your comments re Alice's CP - but am not convinced that she's got them, we had a 'scare' once before and it never got any worse. Doc said it could have been a mild case of CP or possibly and virus that had caused a rash. The thing is that if they get a mild case you can't cross it off the list  ::) It's 'worse' this time but TBH she doesn't seem to have many more spots than she did on Thurs when diagnosed and other than sleeping more than normal (which is a lot anyway!) she's much the same. Think I'll try and take her back to docs after w/end and see what they say . . .

Mashi - hope DS is feeling better and gets a good nights sleep tonight (and you too of course  :-*)

What's in your flapjacks Berni?  I'm assuming those are flapjacks English style, not American style? BUt have never heard of them being savory, would love to try them!

The savoury flapjacks are easy-peasy! Found the recipe online by accident the other day and as there were only 4 ingredients (all of which were in my cupboard!) then I thought I'd give them a try. They've gone down a treat - DH ate two slices when he got in from work the night I made them and I've had my fair share. There's only one piece left so I'm going to make another lot tomorrow. Didn't realise that there was an American style flapjack - you'll have to explain. I would say these are English style as they remind me of the sweet ones I usually eat  ;)

Here's the recipe
150g rolled oats (I used porridge oats - I *think* they're the same)
150g grated cheddar cheese*
50g butter (I melted this)
2 eggs

Mix all the ingredients together and press down into a baking tin. Bake in oven 180 for 30-40 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool and cut into slices. When I took it out of the oven I didn't think it had worked as it looked quite 'wet' on the surface, but it set just fine.

*You can use less cheese - and the recipe suggested adding grated veg (carrots, courgette, onion, etc) but our cupboard was bare so I just went for the basic recipe. Will definitely try variations as well as the basic recipe again.

Do you get them in health shops or just normal grocery stores?  Have never seen them but any way to get fruit into her!   

I'd like to know more about humzinger bars too as I've never seen or heard of them.

And finally, this is what Alice ate today . . .
B: bowl of porridge with raisins, satsuma, asked for a kiwi too and then shared it with DH and I
S: yoghurt coated sesame snap
L: few bites of veggie pizza - it was late lunch as A fell asleep in the car at 11.40 (after sleeping til nearly 8  :o). She woke when I was transferring her to her cot so I half expected a short nap - but she slept til gone half past two!
S: DH shared some crisps (and juice) with her when I'd popped out - I did say not to give her snack due to late lunch but she wanted to share  ::)
D: half a baked potato with grated cheese and lots of black olives, banana, small slice of fruit cake, milk

Also been drinking lots of water today.

Offline Mashi

« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2010, 20:11:13 pm »
Ohhh those flapjacks sound good, nice way to get some oats into DS, and possibly some veg, I'll have to try them this week.  The flapjacks that you make in England I had never seen until I moved there - for us (North Americans) flapjacks is another word for pancakes.

DS barely ate today -- I'm not sure if it's a cold or the congestion that he always gets before his teeth.  He's still got top canines to come in, so it could be either.

B: handful of cheerios, refused milk, smeared his toast in his hair so I took it away
S: most of a brotchen in the trolley at the supermarket. thought he ate a few bites of tinned apricots when we got home but while he was napping I found them in one of his cars ::)
L: shared my apple, half of a zweiback (maybe like a melba toast?)
S: few spoonfuls of tinned mandarins, soy milk
D: 2 pieces of toast with butter, then a banana before bed

So a pretty bad eating day here!!

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2010, 22:18:00 pm »
Chandler's eating a little today, but not much:

B: pancakes, half a veggie sausage
L: (while shopping) Babybel cheese, cereal bar, milk
S: refused yogurt, three raspberries, half a pancake with strawberry cream cheese, ate half a piece of string cheese then spit it out
D: will be grilled hamburgers and sweet potato fries; will try yogurt again for dessert
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2010, 22:27:45 pm »
Going to try those flapjacks too!

Today Maeve ate:

B:  2 rounds of toast with butter, big bowl of cereal
S:  Yogurt
L:  Spaghetti hoops, yogurt (DH!!)
S:  Fruit cup
D:  In MILs...so sausages, bread and butter, some roast potatoes, offered her some mango chicken which we were having but she tasted it and said 'not like it' so that was that!

And yay Max...good boy for eating all that today!!  And woooo Jacob....you'd a good day too!!

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2010, 22:50:19 pm »
B - Readybrek, blueberries, most of a Brioche
S - (in car) a few bites of a nectarine which he then dropped and howled for ages!  ::) So found half a packet of cheese and herb organix snacks and he had those instead!
L - Beans on toast, sausage, bit of chicken
S - Nectarine (to make up for earlier!!) few bits of cheese
D - Bolognese and home made spaghetti (got pasta machine for Christmas!), biscuit

Mashi - hope your DS is feeling better soon

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2010, 23:05:07 pm »
Sorry for all the poorly kiddos! I've got one here too:
Nick ate:
3:40AM- up coughing and puked. Gave small amount of Gatorade
3:50-8AM sick kiddo puked 11 times! tiny sips of water only.
11AM- kept water and a saltine down.
slept till 4PM!
4:15PM felt much better! Drank more Gatorade, gingerale. ATe a banana, more saltines.
5:30PM tiny bit of chicken soup/noodles, ate another banana had more water/juice.
Refused the pedialyte popsicles.
Tonight will try some jello.
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2010, 03:16:51 am »
we've had another pretty good eating day again although its not over yet heres his day so far:

B: a full pancake with a smidge of honey
S: yoghurt
L: cold meats and cheese with some fruit

He's Napping now so i will offer him a sandwhich when he wakes as he didnt eat a great deal of lunch. We are going to a friends for  BBQ dinner tonight so i will give him some left over beef and veggie risotto before we go as he isnt a BBQ fan!
But he is doing much better, so i' feeling much happier!

Thanks everyone
xx

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2010, 13:54:28 pm »
You can get humzinger bars in a decent size supermarket - I get them in tesco's. They are on a shelf near the baking things and all the dried fruit snacks for adults.

They are these gooey bars made out of dried fruits all mashed up together and taste a bit like flavoured raisins. Look pretty grim but J likes them - plus they are in nice shiny packets like sweeties so I'm sure that helps. But things like dried pears, apple, spricits etc. Suger content is a bit high as it is a fruit bar - but they are all natural and so I give them twice a week or so.

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2010, 14:11:54 pm »
Thanks Liz - will look in Tesco next time I'm passing. Tend to shop at Morrisons or ASDA and haven't noticed them, but maybe I just haven't seen them as I wasn't looking for them.

Offline Mashi

« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2010, 14:27:50 pm »
With those humzinger bars...do they have a thin paper coating on them that is really really difficult to peel off?   I get what sounds similar, made by Hipp, and DS really likes them. But there is a thin paper on them, and it almost seems like it might be edible but I'm not sure? I really really really try to peel it off but it is so hard that it makes me think it isn't supposed to come off. I tried eating it myself and it tasted pretty ick, but most toddler stuff does taste pretty bad so I can't let that be my judge...anyone know what I mean?