Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four  (Read 57996 times)

Offline LucySol

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2009, 15:24:49 pm »
think we are teething again so bang goes the eating!!!

B-few bites of banana,pushed away cereal and threw toast across the room!!
S-fruit bar made with oats.asked for milk.
L-few bits of tomato,cheese,squished up her sandwich and anounced 'Daisy throwing bread' ::) a satsuma
S-refused rice cakes which she loves
D-is chicken and veg...not holding out much hope for that!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2009, 19:04:04 pm »
We had a request for toast so that's what she got. Toast with butter and jelly. AGAIN.

I sent her with chicken noodle soup to the sitter's and 2 clementines. We'll see if she eats them. Oh darn....I forgot to see if the soup had celery. If it does she won't give it to her so she'll eat whatever they have there. Oops.

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2009, 19:28:17 pm »
The cold is definitely coming along nicely  :P

Didn't do too bad considering . . .
B: Bowl of porridge, some of my toasted currant teacake, milk, some of DH's OJ
S: refused mango - very unusual
L: some egg mayo sandwich (not even a half really), shared some of my cheese & onion crisps, half a mango (offered again), home-made banana muffin, water
S: none - late nap again (woke her a 3.30pm think she was stirring)
D: few mouthfuls of spaghetti with tomato based sauce topped with grated cheese, creme-fraiche, home-made almond biscuit, milk

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2009, 19:33:54 pm »
Not too bad of a day here...

Breakfast - his usual two pieces of toast with jam, handful of dry cheerios and some milk
Snack - half of a brotchen, two pancakes with maple syrup, two satsumas and yogurt - pretty big snack!!
Lunch - rice crackers with cream cheese
Snack - juice and cheerios
Dinner - half a tin of sweet corn (!!!!) few bites of oatmeal that I made knowing he would not like his dinner
Milk before bed

And that is what I consider a decent day!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2009, 18:56:01 pm »
A still has a cold (ie is full of snot  :P) but she's doing okay food-wise I guess . . .

B: toasted currant teacake, pear, watered down OJ
S: packet of organix carrot stick snacks, water (at my Mum's)
L: brought back a sausage roll for her - she ate the sausage with brown sauce, left the pastry, 3 satsumas. (she'd also eaten a good half of crumpet according to my Mum - even tho I said not to giver her any lunch  ::))
S: refused rice cakes, then ate 2 just before I gave her dinner, drunk quite a bit of water (which was good as she wouldn't drink much in the am)
D: spicy tuna risotto (only a few mouthfuls), 2 pears, milk

Offline Mashi

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2009, 19:17:36 pm »
Full of snot here too, Berni! Makes sleeping a total nightmare!

Another relatively goodish day

Breakfast - 2 oatmeal pancakes with maple syrup. Signed for more, again. Really only wants the syrup ::)
snack - entire satsuma and entire banana, dry cheerios and diluted juice
Lunch - slice of cheese, ate some of the remainder of last night's tin of corn but mostly played container swap with it which was fine as he was so preoccupied I managed to spoon a full bowl of oatmeal into him!
snack - brotchen to keep him occupied in his buggy at the supermarket
Dinner - pasta with pesto, spit out every trace of ham and mushroom, some yogurt

I NEED to get some meat into this boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2009, 12:59:21 pm »
Wow feels like forever since i posted here, max is having terrible eating times again so thought I'd mark my spot!

we are having issues with Milk during the night again which i'm cutting out as of tonight so hopefully we will be back on track with good eating soon, and with the holidays there has been so much food that i dont like him eating, but hey what are holidays for???

Bek
xx

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2009, 00:57:58 am »
Marking my spot too.  Miss all the lunch and dinner ideas and feel things are getting a bit repetitive. 

Breakfast:  Pancakes with cheese cubes
Snack:  Cereal with apple and blueberries (DH was up this morning and thought he'd do snack first!)
Lunch:  Sausages and bread, apple, pear
Snack:  Raisins and crisps although threw crisps in the bin
Dinner:  spaghetti, more bread and yogurts

mashi...what is brotchen?  Sorry if its on previous page, haven't had chance to catch up.

Bek...hey!  Have been wondering how you are!  Sorry to hear Max's eating isn't great at the mo,  hopefully cutting the milk will help xx

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2009, 14:57:25 pm »
we have a tooth cut so we are back on with eating!

yesterday-
B-porridge and toast
S-fruit bar
L-cheese sandwich,tomatoes,sausage,yoghurt and a biscuit!
S-satsuma
D-ham,mash,peas and parsley sauce and icecream (at grandmas ::))

you guys who give pancakes...are they homemade or shop bought??? i need some new ideas????

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2009, 15:12:58 pm »
I use shop bought but my LO will only eat ones made by ormo/mothers pride and will not touch tesco or asda own brands.  To be honest the ones she likes are much liker but have you ever?  She loves them with sliced cheese!

I also make pancakes for lunch and add cheese/ham/tomato and make it savoury or nutella.  So I suppose more like a crepe when i make them from scratch!

Offline Mashi

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2009, 11:08:54 am »
you guys who give pancakes...are they homemade or shop bought??? i need some new ideas?Huh

Lucy I do homemade ... I make a large batch and freeze them in twos, then take a pack out to defrost in the morning, and after about 20 minutes on the counter they are ready for the toaster. It only takes 20 seconds in the toaster to thaw them, and DS doesn't like them warm (won't eat anything that is not cold or room temperature ::) ) so it's really easy.  I serve with a wee bit of maple syrup to dip them into. He screams for more every time - this from the child who refused to touch pancakes for months!

They are American style thick pancakes not English style crepe pancakes.

Oaty Breakfast Pancakes

225g (8oz or about 2 cups) plain flour 
110g (4oz or about 1 cup) oats
2 tbsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
450ml (16 oz) milk
4 tbsp vegetable oil

Put dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Add the egg, milk and oil and mix.  Heat large frying pan, add oil if needed.  Drop spoonfuls of batter into frying pan, cook on medium until bubbles appeat.  Flip and cook the other sides. Makes 16-20 pancakes.

Just realised you didn't ask for a recipe, but I've typed it now!!

I have some other ones that are just as easy, but this is the one I settled on as the oats in them are extra calcium and fibre and you can't even notice the taste or texture of them. Plus there is no added sugar or vanilla extract needed which I think most of my other recipes do need!

Offline Rebecca247

• Showing Appreciation 5
  • I am two! My mummy cant get enough of me xx
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2009, 02:18:27 am »
Hey Shiv, things are great just been very very hectic, cant wait to slip back into normal life now all the festivities are over! Hope you are well. xxx

Well things arent going according to plan here with the milk, i guess i've created a vicious cycle cos he isnt eating well at night i give in and let him have milk during the night thinking he is hungry, and the weather has been ridiculously HOT here so he wakes thirsty aswell, last night i only offered water and he didnt wake til 4.45am which is good for us!

B: grated cheese and a few coco pops dry!
L: sausage roll (which he threw on the ground)
he then went down for a nap with 240ml milk :(
S: fruit plate and yoghurt (he is still napping so see how he goes)
D: will be finger food at a new years eve party we are going to, he prob wont eat there either.

I'm hoping the horrible cycle we are going thru ends as soon as all the parties and things we have had on end! I just want to feel normal again!
And lack of sleep from him waking all night is taking its toll again, he shouldnt be doing it now as he is 2 in a few weeks

Bek

they have my heart, they are my everything xxxx

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2009, 02:55:02 am »
UGH we haven't gone shopping in forever and I ran out to get toothpaste and some diapers and grabbed some small toddler meals...one bowl things. I gave DD TWO of them today....and our friend watched her and let us sleep in this morning and fed her our leftover pizza from last night for breakfast. Not good....

B-pizza and milk
L-spinach and cheese raviolis toddler meal and water
S-mac n' cheese with chicken and veggies toddler meal as unexpectedly ran to her chair and requested food before she would normally be hungry
S-hungry again unexpectedly before dinner...gave her slice of cinnamon bread...she asked for more...got another 1/2 slice
D-leftover french toast casserole and a slice of turkey and milk(my sister and her DH came over and we ordered chinese but it wasn't even showing up until after DD's bedtime

What a CRAP food day. She was eating well in terms of quanitity just not quality which is totally my fault. I feel terrible :(

Offline Mashi

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2009, 11:27:16 am »
Pizza for breakfast is not as bad as you think -- I suppose it depends on the type of pizza but if it is healthy enough for her dinner then it is fine for breakfast -- carbs, protein, veggies = fantastic!

What are these toddler meals that you mention Nicole?  Just curious...would love to find something like them!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2009, 13:23:06 pm »
I find these in the supermarket or in Walmart/Target etc. They are convenient for sending to the sitter or for when we are late making dinner or whatever. Nice to have around b/c they usually have a carb, cheese, meat, and veggie involved so I feel like she gets a decent meal even if I didn't make it. I know there are other brands that carry similar things.

http://www.gerber.com/Products/Lil_Entrees.aspx?PLineId=7510b910-e601-4a5c-97b2-331b4ce33e5b&PCatId=9772c526-b81c-45a2-80c7-dd7893122bea&PMilestoneId=e369128f-9a42-444d-9498-80f87937c8f8

She LOVES the ravioli bowls. "O-leez...O-leez." she yells for them!

http://www.gerber.com/Products/PASTA_PICK_UPS.aspx?PMilestoneId=e369128f-9a42-444d-9498-80f87937c8f8