Author Topic: gassy baby  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Austin's mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My animated dancing monkey!
gassy baby
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:47:32 am »
my 8 week old son is bottle fed, half breast milk and half formula, for the past 4 weeks, due to low supply. he has had lots of gassy belly issues since he was born. With the help of anti colic bottles and mylicon drops, he is MUCH better. but the past few weeks, he has tons of terrible smelling gas. My question is, should i try a non dairy formula instead of milk based? he is on Enfamil Premium Lipil.  I was contemplating trying Similac Isomil, for fussiness and gas. Or maybe I should try enfamil gentlease? Anyone have any ideas? His ped said that there wasnt a good reason to change unless he had more problems, but it seems to me, it might be worth it.

scarlettsmom

Re: gassy baby
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 16:04:35 pm »
Hi there,

Is the gas bothering him?  Does he seem very uncomfortable, fussy, not happy, not sleeping well?  If so I would think about changing formula...but, if he is just gassy but seems to be happy otherwise, I would keep it the same.  Could just be his digestive system adapting.  Around 3 months their gut seems to mature much more...the first 12 weeks their little tummies are still so new.

hth!
 :-*