Author Topic: Baby Sign Language Thread #3  (Read 71349 times)

Offline Jiinx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
Re: Baby Sign Language Thread #3
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2011, 03:00:32 am »
I think that's sooo sweet - when an older sibling teaches their younger sibling? that's precious.
*Sarah*

Offline lchuynh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Catch me if you can!
    • all new adventures
« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2011, 05:22:14 am »
I can't believe I am so proud EVERY time DS does a sign - I guess because he has only just started signing I just find it amazing ;D

In the weekend I was getting ready for us to go out and I walked into the room wearing my hat. He looked up at me and signed "hat". I had his hat in my hand so I put that on him - of course he took it off again since he doesn't like wearing it inside ::).

We went to the supermarket and when I got to the checkout DS was getting a bit agitated in the trolley so I took him out and was carrying him in one arm while I put the groceries on the counter. When I put a packet of his crackers on the counter he let go of me and signed "cracker" and said "ca ca". I was so very proud of him indeed!

I praise him a lot when he signs - actually we praise him a lot in general regardless of what he does :P (I know, first time parents who are extremely gushy). DS doesn't actually sign a heck of a lot; he isn't into eating or drinking anything (including his milk) so he has never asked for anything except crackers, and milk a few times. When he drinks milk he will sign as he is drinking it. I sign "fruit" to him but he doesn't do that yet. He loves turning lights on/off and his sign is to point at the light although I show him the proper sign. He loves birds and points at them too even though I have been signing "bird" for ages to him. He also loves dogs but has never shown an interest in signing the word. When he sees birds or dogs he is just mesmerized and doesn't look at me so doesn't see the signs. Anyway, I'll keep persevering and see what happens.
~Lien~
My personal blog about our adventures in the wilderness of parenthood - http://www.allnewadventures.com

Offline firsttimemummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2011, 08:58:53 am »
Lien - you will find that randomly one day he will sign "dog" and other things - he is taking them in.  I had given up signing dog as he wasn't interested, just pointed, but a couple of months later he randomly signed it when seeing a dog! It was so exciting!!

DS's first real sign was "light" - he is now over 2 and I still get excited when he signs!!
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!