Author Topic: Things are getting worse!  (Read 8890 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Things are getting worse!
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 14:11:02 pm »
Keep me posted, TBH I'm thinking about dropping our nap here and we're many many months behind you.  I have a very long thread about our craziness but I'm feeling like there's not a lot left to try.
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 19:13:09 pm »
Early bt was a bit of a disaster, tookher up for 6pm but nearly 6.45 by the time she dropped off, quite chatty and happy though, !

Offline babybarr

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 21:23:19 pm »
Did she nap today? How is she feeling now?  Fingers crossed for the morning. Xx
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2010, 07:05:04 am »
she had literally 10-15 mins in car, was complaining about earache and tummy ache but better in herself, by bed time she was full of beans and settled just b4 6.45 and woke at 5.30 so pretty good i think x

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2010, 17:14:08 pm »
Yesterday was a funny sort of day, maya very kindly gave me her cold and i felt really rough so we curled up on the sofa and both slept 2hrs, whoops!!!!(13.20-15.20) anyway she was sleeping at her nans last nt to give us both a rest and although she did not fall asleep until 8.15 she slept til 6.30!!! did sleep in her nans bed, so she always sleeps better with someone, but i guess it does prove she is capable of more sleep.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2010, 21:33:10 pm »
both slept 2hrs, whoops!!!!
Well you obviously needed it and be very grateful your LO will sleep like that for you when you need it!!

Let me know how you go now everything is "normal" again!
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 07:03:00 am »
Morning Laura, feeling a little better now, I have been in bed since sunday with a virus so Maya has been doing a bit of evrything as dad has been in charge! and we had a lovely 4.45 wake up this morning. I have lost sight a little of  what we are supposed to be doing, surely it cant be this hard? I feel so fed up with stressing all the time over mayas sleep patterns, i am exhausted constantly and feel such a failure as a mom as i feel so resentful at times towards her for not letting me sleep, i am snappy and impatient with evryone and feel like i am missing out on her so much as it is not enjoyable, i see my friends with their "sleeping"kids and envy there relationships as they enjoy being round there kids my days just feel a drag, then i feel guilty for feeling this way ,i guess i am feeling it more atm as i dont fee 100%.  i really need to get this sleep sorted i dont want our relationship to suffer anymore or maya suffer from it . Sorry again just needed to get it of my chest.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 08:53:52 am »
I have lost sight a little of  what we are supposed to be doing, surely it cant be this hard? I feel so fed up with stressing all the time over mayas sleep patterns, i am exhausted constantly and feel such a failure as a mom as i feel so resentful at times towards her for not letting me sleep, i am snappy and impatient with evryone and feel like i am missing out on her so much as it is not enjoyable, i see my friends with their "sleeping"kids and envy there relationships as they enjoy being round there kids my days just feel a drag, then i feel guilty for feeling this way ,i guess i am feeling it more atm as i dont fee 100%.  i really need to get this sleep sorted i dont want our relationship to suffer anymore or maya suffer from it . Sorry again just needed to get it of my chest.
I've quoted practically your whole post because that's exactly how I feel too hun so you're definitely not alone. Especially the bit about your friends having babies that sleep.  I totally get where you are coming from.  I don't have the EWs here but I have many hour of unresolved NWs, I too get inpatient and snappy and find myself wondering why I couldn't have a child that slept.

Big hugs.  I am so tempted to say to you just do no nap and early bedtime for at least 3-4 days and see what happens, my feeling is if she starts getting OT we can put the nap back in and at least she'll sleep for you.

Get well vibes your way. 
 :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:36 am »
Thanks again Laura for just being a shoulder to cry on, just gets u down occasionally doesnt it? hugs to you to xxx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:33 am »
Thanks.  I've been a bit poorly too and I know that that doesn't help your mood, and how well you can cope with things does it?!
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:11 am »
Hi Laura, hope you are  feeling a little better, still got a rotten cold over here, thought it had gone but lingering on, never mind.  Well maya was awake from 4.45 yesterday, no nap and i had every intention of an early night but hubby was home early and we argued again about putting her down too early!!!! she appeared fine when he came in so i guess i can see his point, she was happy and running around but not in an "OT" way although she must have been havng been awake since 4.45 ,how on earth can she manage it? anyway i finally got my way and she was asleep by 6.45 so not as early as would have liked but it could have been mnuch worse.  She woke at 5.30am.  Just wished we could have 2 days or more allike, trouble is i wake around 4am and lie there waiting for a noise,wish i could just relax more.  I really cant see any pattern either which drives me crazy, she is so hard to read, the previous day she did 6.30 wake and bt at 7 so awake 12.5 hrs with a 4.45am wake, yesterday 14 hrs awake time and longer nt, aarrrghhh!!!! but that is so not always the case, dont know what today will bring my mil has her today while i work, so anything could happen, that is the prob when yu have to rely on others too it makes it harder to be consistent esp when every one else thinks your crazy!!!!! enjoy your day xxx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2010, 12:42:04 pm »
so anything could happen, that is the prob when yu have to rely on others too it makes it harder to be consistent esp when every one else thinks your crazy!!!!!
We are so alike!!!  I had a really hard time convincing my mum to do things my way - she has DS 4 days a week while I'm at work.

I think if you can really try to stick to no nap for a few days and just see what happens.  I do think they need a while to adjust.

Enjoy your day too.  Xx
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 11:04:37 am »
Well a tiny nap in car yesterday approx 10 mins, bed at 6.30 and up at 5.30 so that was fine but today she is already lying on settee wanting a nap at 11am!!!! and the whining, omg!!!! how can i possibly get her through the day when she is obviously so tired?

Offline babybarr

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 12:11:08 pm »
how can i possibly get her through the day when she is obviously so tired?
Oh dear...  I don't know!  Could she have "quiet time" books, Tv or something for an hour or 2? 

I guess it's trying to reset her isn't it and I suppose it'll take a while and then she'll have to start making up for it at night?  :-\
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 16:25:05 pm »
We managed to get through the day nap free,yay!!!