Author Topic: Things are getting worse!  (Read 8887 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Things are getting worse!
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 12:39:47 pm »
I feel exactly the same about the evenings as you.  I would rather not have late bedtimes and am happy to have an earlier wake up.  I'm wondering if maybe you should stick with a similar bedtime???  Thinking that she obviously needs some catch up sleep and so a 30min nap and normal bed would at least give her that, rather than do later bed and take away the sleep she caught up iyswim?  There is always the chance though that she'll wake even earlier so it's your call!
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2010, 13:15:59 pm »
Think I may go with a happy medium and aim for 7pm bt, the previous days when we have aimed for a 6.30 with a nap we get a 10.5 hr nt, so that would keep me in line at 5.30 hopefully anyway, enjoy your day, and thanks again for staying with me on this, how are things your side? x

Offline babybarr

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 13:20:57 pm »
Good call!

Things not good here, actually really crap, :'( Now I'm crying cos you asked!  I feel completely lost, fed up and just don't know what to do for the best anymore.  I have a very long thread which I posted on earlier but no one has replied which I guess hasn't helped me! I'm sure the people following are sick of me by now.  :-\  Sorry don't mean to unload on you either.
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 15:19:26 pm »
Oh babe, ive only just picked up your post, please feel free to unload on ne anytime you have been there for me when i have felt low so carry on.  I am so sorry you are having a hard time, and that no one has answered you, i wish i could offer some help but i dont know what to suggest, im so sorry i made you cry I didnt mean to, xx if you want to pm me so its not all public, feel free, sometimes it just helps to get everything of your chest, im here if you need me xxx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:26 am »
Knew it would be too simple to work!!!! Maya eventually fell asleep at 7.15 after a lot of fidgeting/stalling bt etc then woke at 4.45!!!! so confused again.  The nap really messes things up, by having it it makes bt later and harder for her to settle but on the other hand she is very OT, when she fell asleep earlier in the day I really struggled to wake her and hen she was like a bear with a sore head the rest of the day.  How was your night?

Offline babybarr

« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2010, 09:47:18 am »
Would she nap earlier?  Say 11am - wonder if then a long A till bed will help, maybe give her an hour today as she's clearly is tired and bedtime at 7.  That'll give her 7hrs before bed?
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2010, 09:58:03 am »
Hi Laura, nap was at 11.20 yesterday so not the A time is the prob!!! arrgghh!!!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2010, 10:11:02 am »
Oh!

How about letting her nap an hour at 11ish and bed at 7pm just to see what happens??  I just think with a wake up of 4.45am she needs a nap today at least to catch up - what do you think?
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2010, 13:34:21 pm »
Well,not sure how we managed it but got through a day with no naps,  bt was at 6.15 and slept straight through til 6am!!!! and i had the best night sleep in ages, hubby was working late so i tucked myself up at 8.30!!! and did not rouse til 6am, oh how much better things seem after a good night. Got that dreaded party tonight, but tbh i might just put her in with us as we always get a good night then, naughty i know.  How u coping, hun ? dont forget im here if you need me, have agood weekend xxx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 14:01:07 pm »
That is fantastic and I do believe now we can definitely say that no nap works better!!  Hope the party goes better than expected.  Maybe just maybe I should try the no nap for a bit... How crazy would it be if my DS at 21mths needs the same amount of sleep as Maya!
LAURA xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2010, 15:18:53 pm »
Do you think I should do a no nap day Sunday given that the clocks go forward tomorrow, he'll probably lie in a bit (hopefully) Sunday morning if he has had a bad night and then I can put him to bed usual time which will be an hour early according to his bodyclock and see what happens???

Not sure how we'll keep him going so any tips please share!
LAURA xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2010, 21:44:24 pm »
How did everything go with the party?  Been thinking of you.
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2010, 06:50:03 am »
Hi Laura,sorry ive been AWOL, had a bit of a hangover yesterday oops!!! so not used to going out nowadays, lol.  We had a good evening, maya managed to have a 2 hr sleep around 3pm so that worked well, bt was after midnight and up at 6am!!!!! how she managed to get up i have no idea? anyway she took a 30-40 mins nap yesterday at 1.30, I kept bt fairly early, but it was 7pm by the time she fell asleep and slept til 6am,  so I am pretty pleased with that as now with the clock change makes that 7am so hopefully will be able to aim  for a 7-7.30bt tonight with maya thinking its 6-6.30, fingers crossed.  What have you done with lo's  sleep, any change?
Rachaelx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2010, 09:33:42 am »
Great news!! Glad things went well and it looks like Maya has been a good girl!  Are you going to stick with no nap and then the odd 30min one if things are going astray?

We're doing no nap today!!  I'm scared but feel I have to try it.
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2010, 10:15:35 am »
Morning Laura,well we did it, 7.15 wake up this morning yay!!!! Maya did have a 20-30min cat nap yesterday but i think she prob is still catching up from fri night, bt was at 7.45 so brill, hope it is not a one off, will just keep my eye on OT not creeping in.  How did your day go? did you brave no nap?
Rachael x