Author Topic: Things are getting worse!  (Read 8896 times)

Offline RACHPEM

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 12:59:52 pm »
Hi Laura, most days she is napping about 11.30 as she is knackered by then, I also have tried the clock thing!!!! this girl does not give up., lol, we did get her to read books in her room but she will occupy herself for about 5 mins max, she just loves company, if on any occasion she sleeps with me she will quite easily sleep til a late wake up but it is not an option long term.

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Things are getting worse!
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2010, 14:18:07 pm »
Could you try no nap for say 3 days on the trot with a very early bedtime - say 6? 
Sorry I'm sure I'm not being much help but not sure what else to suggest other than going the complete opposite way and offering her a longer nap and seeing what happens?  I guess those are the 2 options!! 

I assume she's not hot/cold/thirsty/too wet (sorry wasn't sure if she was nappy free overnight!)?  Maybe you could leave a sippy cup in her room?
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2010, 14:41:42 pm »
Hi Laura, I know im a pain, and im not expecting you to find a "magic solution" really appreciate u just being there for me to moan xx will try the early bt with no nap i think,

Offline babybarr

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 19:07:57 pm »
I know im a pain, and im not expecting you to find a "magic solution"
You're not a pain and I know!!

I just wish I could think of something that actually may help!  Although my DS not settling to bed tonight....  ::)
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 12:04:35 pm »
all bets are off! Maya has been awake most of the nt with a bad cough and is not herself this morning poor thing!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 13:33:16 pm »
Oh dear.  Poor thing, hope she starts to feel better soon.  This always happens when you're about to try something different!

Hope you both manage to get some sleep.

Big hugs.
X
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2010, 10:47:28 am »
Still poorly today, had a good night although bt was at 7pm she woke at 5am, again!!! I have to confess I bought her in my bed and she slept til 9am!!!! just lying around today though poor thing.  Looks like back to square 1 when better.  Still arguing with hubby though, he thinks i should go with a much later bt and eventually her body will reset, what do you think? in the past we have done later bt but have made no diff but maybe have not given enough time.  Trouble is there is no way she can go from 5-8 or later without a nap (i couldnt!) but then she will prob fall asleep at the wrong time of day and bt could be even later, naps generally only happen in car and it is not convenient to keep popping out! if i though i could get her down for a nap every day then 8 pm could work as a bt but not without, also she starts pm's at nursery in april at this rate she will be napping when she should be learning. Again not looking for a magic answer just need a vent!!! looks like a nice easy day for me though today, hate to see her ill but i can put my feet up.x
Rachael

Offline babybarr

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 15:29:13 pm »
Not surprised you took her into your bed and yay that she slept till 9am.  My DS doesn't sleep even if poorly!

I think you can only try the 8pm bed with a nap.  I guess you have to stick to it for a good few days which is the hard part but the prob will be if she doesn't nap and then you'll just have to do an early bed anyway. 

Hope she feels better soon and then you can decide what you want to do.  Glad you can take it easy though!
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 18:50:32 pm »
Maya seems much better now, but not sure what i should have done tonight! she slept from 7 -9 with 1 hr nw last nt then was asleep again by around 10.30 til 12ish not really showing any tired signs if anyones about let me know if its not too late what u would do.

Offline babybarr

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 19:00:56 pm »
7.30 - 8pm bedtime I think...
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 19:53:39 pm »
Must be getting the hang of this! thought about 7.30-8 and she has just dropped off at 7.50.  Proves to me she does need more sleep she has been an angel this afternoon, she perked up at 2ish and has been like a different kid. x

Offline babybarr

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 20:14:11 pm »
Great!  Maybe the illness will give her a nudge in the right direction.  Fingers crossed for the morning.
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2010, 07:04:48 am »
Well back up at 5am this morning!!! now what??? this is driving me crazy!!!!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:02 am »
I can't believe it!!  I really thought she might change her ways for you.  I think if I was you - and I think it'll be hard - but I'd try the no nap route and early bedtime for a few days...  not sure there's anything left to try?  :-\
LAURA xx

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:04 am »
I will give it a go! tbh she was in such a happy mood  this morning that i do think she had her quota, but then again she did sleep around 16hrs from weds nt, lol! that is nearly 2 days worth of sleep for maya normally.
Thanks again Laura xx