Author Topic: why our baby doesn't like the car???  (Read 3069 times)

Offline sisi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 27, 2010, 21:40:06 pm »
We have a great and calm 2.5 moths old baby girl.
from the begining, she hated the car and started to cry every time we were driving somewhere.
in general she is very calm and smily baby but when we put her in the baby sit she start to fight and cry. fortunally we don't have to drive a lot with her...
about 2 weeks ago the same thing started with the trolly, which till now she loved to have the daily outdoor trip.
now after few steps it's the same like in the car, she starts to act vety uncomfotable and start to cry.

what do we do??? we love to travel and now try not to do so cause it is just nt possible with her screaming...

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: why our baby doesn't like the car???
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 21:44:05 pm »
Might the actual seat be uncomfortable? Some seats sort of curl the baby up and if you have a refluxer it can cause stomach acid to reflux into their throats, hence the screaming from just being in the seat.

Are you able to try a different seat that positions her differently?

Offline sisi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 21:47:03 pm »
we tried a different sit... it was axactly the same...
and in the trolly she is either on her back or on her stomach.

Offline lilalley

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 22:12:17 pm »
My LO HATED the car and would only tolerate a short trolly ride.  Than at 3-4 months she didn't mind it.  Is it just a phase?

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 00:23:46 am »
oh I could've written this post..and guess what, I did a few months ago! I can happily say, she now doesn't mind the car seat driving around..mind you, she was suffering with reflux and hated the car seat.

It should pass in a couple of months...they'll start to associate the car seat with going out and being a pleasant experience. Right now they may be feeling constricted or uncomfortable etc...

HTH..
*Sarah*

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 00:28:46 am »
We went through that too...my dd, as it happened, was a refluxer, so I think the seat hurt her tummy.  Have you tried putting her in her carseat in the house, no straps, just put her in there and maybe give her a feed?  Might help her to associate the seat with something positive, kwim?

Offline tanya032009

• *Tanya*
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Mr. Blue Eyes
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 01:38:24 am »
Been there as well...and it passed. I think around 4-5 months or so. The worst part was responding to everyone acting shocked that he didn't sleep in the car. Um, no...just screamed and cried. It was rough..we didn't visit famiy (1.5 hr away) because it just felt like torture everytime. But, I am happy to say, that even though he still doesn't sleep much in the car, he does stare out he window and is very content!
URL=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][/URL]

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 02:10:25 am »
Not surprisingly, same here with our refluxer.  It passed around 6 mths.  People told us to take him for a drive to get him to sleep...yeah right lol.  He would scream the house down for 40-45 mins driving into the city. 
We did change to a convertible car seat and got him out of the bucket seat as soon as possible. 

He still doesn't sleep much in the car, but he has done.  And he likes it a lot more now that he can look out the window.  As soon as he is forward facing I suspect he will like it even more.
The tweaking never stops!