Author Topic: is my 6mo. old lo getting enough naptime??  (Read 1984 times)

Offline aselby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: is my 6mo. old lo getting enough naptime??
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 17:19:48 pm »
i'm hoping on board here...going through similar situation with my son...cant find the right a time....
amanda

Offline empowered mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 17:35:24 pm »
hmm...perhaps that A time is good, or at least close.  I would try that A for a few days to see if things start to change, as it often takes a little time for their bodies to adjust. 

your WD sounds good, but is she asleep by 9:30?  The A time starts at the moment they wake, and ends at the moment she is sleeping.  So if it took her 15 minutes to settle, was she actually asleep by 9:45?

some LOs are different regarding the following A time after a short nap.  For us, if it is an OT nap I try to shorten the next A by 30 minutes (so if he is 2.5, then I make it 2 hrs).  If it is a UT nap, I shoot for about 10-15 min less than the typical A.  The way I know it's OT is if he wakes crying and UT if he wakes happy.  Make sense?

Offline dianamomma

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 22:07:42 pm »
she fell asleep at 9:45. it usually takes her 15 min. so if she is up at 7 and it takes her 15 min to wind down do i put her down at 9:15?

yes it makes sense about the OT & UT

Offline empowered mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 22:32:10 pm »
so 9:45 would have made your A time 2.75.  How did she do?

I know my DS takes 10-15 min to settle, so I put him in the crib 15 minutes less than the A time so he is asleep without going beyond it.  You could maybe try for 9:15 tomorrow and see how it pans out.

HTH!

Offline dianamomma

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 00:16:18 am »
ohhh...thanks! i thought that was what i was supposed to do if i am aiming for 2.5 A time. although today she did fine then if it was 2.75. i guess i will try 9:20ish maybe tomorrow...a little in between...but thanks for explaining that to me. i feel better =)