Author Topic: Whole milk = constipation?  (Read 1115 times)

Offline aimeeL

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:23:27 am »
Don't know if this thread belong here - so move me as you see fit..

DD's been drinking soymilk mainly, ever since "starting" on something other than breastmilk.. I decided to start mixing in whole milk recently, mostly for the fat content.. Probably something I should've done from the start, perhaps, and just.. didn't.  ANYWAYS - L drinks about 12-15 oz a day, and we've been mixing about 1:1 - soymilk to whole milk.  The last few days she's been a bit constipated - pooping small, hard lumps (sorry - TMI)... Nothing else has changed in her diet - is it possible it's the whole milk?  Anyone else have this experience?

TIA

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 16:28:59 pm »
Hi there, I just said the same thing to DH yesterday, like his poop is adult-like lumps.  It's nicer to clean up mind you lol but I worry that it's the milk causing the constipation.  Finn is still on formula so we started to cut back on the formula and dilute with whole milk, right now we are only doing a 1/3 of the bottle whole milk.  But I am also giving him milk in a sippy for snack times.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline aimeeL

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 16:48:23 pm »
Hmmm.. interesting...She doesn't seem in pain or anything, and she IS still pooping her normal 1-2x/day...so I'm not TERRIBLY worried - just curious...

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 16:54:40 pm »
No he's not complaining either, it's just weird to see his poop like that.  It's the only thing different in his diet.  Well he's on antibiotics but the paed said they would cause diarrhea so it can't be them.
The tweaking never stops!