Author Topic: DD started to cry before naps again, 3 to 2 transition period, is it normal?  (Read 894 times)

Offline aslit

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi,
DD is 6 months old. During winddown she was good for a long time before naps, I mean no crying. She always sleeps on her own, settles well before naps not as good as night sleep though. Always a little fuss. But last week she started to refuse 3rd nap and I stopped pushing it after a few days, could not succeed to get one. And now she gets tired earlier, at 2 hours or so but I put her to sleep later, we get 2,5 hours A time at most and last 2 days she started to cry as soon as I start our winddown routine. Is it normal that she cries, will it get better again? Does this mean our winddown routine is not good enough or does our EASY need a change? Here it is below.

yesterday
06.10 wake (this is sometimes 6.20, 6.50, 6.30 changes)
E 07.00 BF
 08.20 fruit puree
S 08.40 - 10.40
E 11.00 BF+30CC
S 13.00 - 14.45
E 15.00 BF
NO CATNAP
 17.00 fruit puree
E18.30 (normally at 19.00 yesterday I decided to put her in bed early she was too tired)
19.10 in bed
19.20 asleep
22.30 DF 160cc bottle
04.30 NW BF, sleeps right after

today
06.20 wake
E 07.00 BF (was not hungry enough , NWs needs to be sorted out, this month hopefully)
S 08.40 - 10.30
E 11.00 BF

I will appreciate any comments.

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
6 months is usually a big growth spurt, which can really mess with sleep as their bodies adjust to increasing calorie needs and some developmental leaps in their minds. I'd say it's pretty much normal and to keep your eyes open for signs and cues as best you can for a few days.

Might she be starting on teeth? 7 months is "textbook," but Nat had her first ones come in around 4 months. ::) It'd be normal for the pain to make kids grumpy and tired sooner than they otherwise would be. Does it make a difference if you try some pain meds a few minutes before naptime?

Offline aslit

• Showing Appreciation 1
It is today I thought of teething, she started drooling and sucking my hands and shoulder whenever she can; no other signs I can tell, I do not have any experience. But will try the meds. So you say crying is normal, right?

just now we got out of her room, unsuccessful for the 2nd nap. She cried intensively, did PU/pd ssh-pat she fell asleep for 10-15 minutes or so, woke up crying, we did all again, no success. I got her out of the room, now she is on my lap sucking my finger. after all the cry she is hungry now:)will feed her. stroller will be our rescuer today.
Hope tomorrow will be better.

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Well, if she's crying she's probably either hungry, OT, or in pain or otherwise not comfortable. If she's not eating, that leave OT or uncomfortable/hurting.

But yes, for now, get her to sleep however you have to, give the meds a try and see if there is any difference. If there is, you know it's either teeth or an ear infection. :) (At least that's how it worked here. ;D)

Offline aslit

• Showing Appreciation 1
Thank you, today is same again with crying. I believe we are teething. On Monday we have doctor appnmt. I will be sure then.

Offline aslit

• Showing Appreciation 1
Apparently our issue was A times (I believe so) She was trying to increase her A times and I think her body was trying to get used to it.. I was putting her down to sleep seeing her sleep cues but her mind was rejecting this I guess. Today at both of her naps she did not cry at all, increased her A to almost 3 hours:) Maybe teething is also on the way, she also began to sit on her own. Deb as you say, I believe we are in the middle of a huge growth spurt. I also shortened our winddown ritual, no more diaper changing. Just closing the blinds and singing on my shoulder. Thank you all for your kind replies.