Author Topic: can a 45 min nap ever mean overtired?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline empowered mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 36
Re: can a 45 min nap ever mean overtired?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 22:25:21 pm »
Asleby, let me tell you that this was our situation this past week to a T.  My LO was doing a few long naps at 2 hr 25 min A time and all of a sudden, the naps started to get shorter.  Someone advised me that a 1 hour nap was likely UT, so I bumped up the A time to 2 hr 30 min.  Then we got a 40 min, presumably UT nap (and it was hard to tell if OT or UT because he was sort of crying, but not intensely).  So today I decided to go with 5 more min hoping that was true....

And by golly, today we got a 1.5 hr nap on A time of 2 hr 35 min, and the 2nd A was 2 hr 40 min with a nap of 2 hr 15 min!  That has never ever happened before  :D

All this to say, that I have a hunch you might need to lean a little towards the higher A time, especially if he is chatting in the crib happily - perhaps you could try 2 hr 35-40 min again to see how it pans out? 

I know you are so close!  I was in your shoes just a few days ago and I can testify that miracles can happen to you too  ;D ;D

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
Re: can a 45 min nap ever mean overtired?
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 10:24:08 am »
Hi Aselby, just noticed you have quite a few posts going in regards to the same thing, in order to avoid doubling up on advice and getting confused in teh mix i am gonna lock this post and keep your EASY one open to work through as i feel its an issue with your whole routine.

anyoen wanting to offer their support and advice can pop over to here to do so: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=167418.msg1875831#msg1875831