Author Topic: i need some support!  (Read 11931 times)

Offline LucySol

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Re: i need some support!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 19:16:15 pm »
i dont know becky only you know how much he understands.we have had to do a lot of roleplay today with her dolls for her to understand lights off means sleep,lights on means wake up time.she certainly understands what it means,not so sure if she realises it means the same for her too!
D is 20 months now so quite a bit older so im not sure.she is v.verbal and understands so much but im not sure she would have understood at 16 months.
i guess with any thing consistency will be the answer.

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 19:26:08 pm »
yes I think he may be a bit young....keep us posted with how you get on tomorrow am. Everyone is here for you xxx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 21:49:33 pm »
Here to hold your hand Lucy- stay out as much as you can - it does help.

Offline LucySol

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 07:16:20 am »
it went a lot better this morning! not so stressfull for either of us!

she woke at 5.10am i went in,gave bonjela,just in case teeth arnt helping and she was quiet then till 5.35.We had 25 mins of WIWO but with me calling from the door,there were a lot more quiet spells,only prob a min or so at a time,but she wasnt as upset as yesterday.

Her lights came on at 6am,dont think she gets it yet but i will def persevere with it!

she was just playing with her doll,put it in its bed and said 'go sleep baby.' 'no crying', 'still sleeptime baby' 'no up, no way!!'  :o she then left it a bit then said 'come on baby,up now!'  This girl understands more than i realise! ::)

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01:18 am »
glad it was better :)

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 08:52:50 am »
Hey that sounds really good for the first day with the lights! Glad to hear it was better without the WIWO too. (((hugs)))

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 08:57:56 am »
Too cute with the doll Lucy and glad it went better. I do think WIWO works better if you stay out for a cross cry and only respond if they do need you.

Teeth gave me such a bad run with EWs as well.

Offline mmom

• Showing Appreciation 96
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 09:48:22 am »
Lucy, that is so great that you had a better morning.  Also, totally adorable about the doll!!  I am wondering if we should start to try a timed light or something.  I just don't know if my LO would get it yet.
Kara

MummyToBen

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 10:47:16 am »
she then left it a bit then said 'come on baby,up now!'  This girl understands more than i realise! ::)

Sounds like it!!!  :)

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 10:58:14 am »
more hugzzzz and reading along to learn!

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 11:08:30 am »
She sounds like such a cute little girl.  You're going to have to start watching what you say ;)

Glad things went well, sounds like the tough approach will work.  Well done you!
LAURA xx

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 13:13:10 pm »
Just seeing this now Lucy xx  I am in total AWE of her conversation with her doll.  You do know that they say very clever children are often very low on sleep needs....sounds to me like D is one of them!!!

Just cause you mentioned the bumping her head on the cot, makes me ask....does she have a cot bumper still?  Do you remember about 3-4 weeks ago I was telling you that we had a major decline in sleep needs here, naps dropped by 30-45 minutes AND night sleep dropped by 30-45 minutes, about 1.5-2 hours less in 24 hours?  Well....I went and bought him a new cot bumper and the stinker started sleeping perfectly again. Either that or he's content to lie there silently and share his lovey with the dog on the cot bumper ::)   I do think he was banging his head, or trying to cuddle up somewhere and getting his feet caught, and so on, and having a snuggly place really helped.  So minor, but it made a huge difference here, we've not had an EW since.  Just an added thought...I know when in the thick of sleep H*LL that I will try anything so thought I'd offer it up.

Glad to hear the WIWO was so much better the second time. Here holding your hand xxxx

Offline twinmum1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 13:20:56 pm »
Hi Lucy, I just wanted to add my support.  I am also trying out using a timer light with DD who has been having lots of EWs since we moved house.  She is younger (nearly 15 months) so I wasn't sure if she would get the idea but we do seem to be making some progress.  I haven't had to go into her room before 6am for a couple of weeks now and if she wakes up earlier, she usually entertains herself and does not start to cry until the light comes on.  In fact, before she had been ill this week, when I went into her she was all smiles and so happy when the light came on, which is such a contrast to her attitude  pre-light.  I keep turning on the light at the end of naps too to help her to get the idea.  The only problem I find is that when she had a few NW with her illness, she then did not want to wake up at 6am but the light woke her and she was very unimpressed. Hmmmm, nothing is ever simple is it?!  I love what your daughter was saying to her doll though, it makes me wonder what my DD would be saying to her lovey if only she could talk.

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 00:52:30 am »
So happy to hear that your morning was better!  And what a smart little monkey you have ;) ;D
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline LucySol

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 10:45:27 am »
5.30 this morning..WIWO till 6am,definately not as upset!

Mash..you know,when there is an issue,anything,however minor i will do just in case its that causing the problem.i took D's Bumper off a good few months ago but i will def find it out again and give it a go,anythings worth a try!!

Twinmum-sorry to hear you are going thru this too but gr8 to hear how your lo is responding.i get you on the light waking her at 6am if she is asleep,but once she gets the idea of the light and things are better i will push the timer later as 6am to me is still too early!!!!

Thanx to everyone still checking in!!