Author Topic: i need some support!  (Read 11951 times)

Offline LucySol

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Re: i need some support!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 11:16:50 am »
im at a bit of a loss and cant figure out what to do today.D has been doing some 6 hr ish A's but because of these super EW i have been having to put her down for her nap at 11am to make up for it.Regardless of what time the EW i set it for 11am cos a nap any earlier than that just wouldnt have helped things.

so.today after such a good nap yesterday and a gr8 night im unsure where to go.At 11am she is yawning,rubbing her eyes so i put her to bed...she of corse screamed,which she doesnt do she just goes off to sleep within mins usually.so of corse she is UT,which yes i probably knew that but i dont want to rock the boat so im airing on the side of caution.so she is up again for now....Any ideas what to do now? a 5 hr A would be 11.30,which is still a short A for her but maybe thats been my problem!! too long an A to nap?

i dont know where to start,but i mean how stupid i should know my own daughter ::)

Any ideas? i cant see the wood for the trees! :-[

Offline mmom

• Showing Appreciation 96
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 11:19:42 am »
Sometimes they show tired signs at their usual nap times.  My LO used to do that.  If you think she was UT, pushing the nap out a bit would be your best bet.
Kara

Offline LucySol

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »
oh help!!!!!! its now 12.30 and a 6hr A and this kid wont sleep!!!  she is pitching a fit in there!!!  what went wrong?? im guessing UT with such good sleep yesterday but geez...a 6 hr A and still no sleep!

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 12:38:57 pm »
She sounds so like my DS!  One good lot of sleep and then bam.

We get what your talking about with UT.  I would wait till 1pm.

We do a 1pm nap on a 6am wake...
LAURA xx

Offline LucySol

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 12:41:38 pm »
in the middle of WIWO been going for 20 mins!!! if i do 1pm thats 20 mins away do i stop,get her up and start again then? Bloody hell!!!!!!!! why is it this hard!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 12:47:46 pm »
If it was me, I would stop, do something with DS and try again.  But only you know Daisy and whether the wiwo is working.
LAURA xx

Offline LucySol

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 13:01:22 pm »
still pitching a fit 35 min later!! if i stop that will be a 3rd attempt at a nap later.im thinking im getting this resistance cos i got her out the first time!!!!!!

i dont know what to do.if i give up and she doesnt nap she is going to be so OT at bedtime,get a EW and back to square 1 in the morning!!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 13:04:44 pm »
Sorry hun things are not going well.  Does it look like any let up?  I know she is stubborn but given how long you've been doing it then maybe you should give it 10mins more. I've done wiwo for 45mins and then stopped.  If she doesn't nap then get her up, give her a snack do something calm and then could you drive somewhere - would that send her off?

LAURA xx

Offline babybarr

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 13:06:14 pm »
That is what I would do.  I've gotta go - am at work.  I will check in later to find out what happened.  Hang in there. Xx
LAURA xx

Offline LucySol

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 13:06:48 pm »
no,no sign of her giving up.she is MAD!!! yep a car ride will def send her off but she wont get long..she will nap 30 min max in the car.

i dont know what to do!

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 13:09:04 pm »
If she really won't go then I would get her up and nod her off in the car after a bit as well. Better 30 mins sleep to take the edge of it than no nap at all, hey?

Offline LucySol

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 14:26:22 pm »
i gave in after 50 mins WIWO.i went in,got her up and she said ' i no sleep,cheeky little madam!' i dont believe what this girl comes out with!!

so,an hour later ive been out driving and its a no go.she spent the whole time singing every nursey rhyme she knows.she is in such a good mood..pity her mummy isnt! il try again on the school run at 3ish but then im stuck.

im so over all this sleep stuff.she doesnt nap,i freak out cos im so fed up of sleep mess!!!!

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 14:35:57 pm »
((((hugs)))) honey. Breathe. Yes tomorrow will be an EW but she can have an early bed, and a chance to practice with her lights tomorrow. You never know, she may even use it as an excuse to go back to sleep!!? :-*

Offline babybarr

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 14:36:14 pm »
she said ' i no sleep,cheeky little madam!'
Sorry but I actually did laugh out loud at that!

im so over all this sleep stuff.she doesnt nap,i freak out cos im so fed up of sleep mess!!!!
Believe you me I know exactly how you feel.

I'm sure this is because of all that sleep yesterday.  I think hun you are going to have to wake her rather than let her have a long nap.  I know we'd all like a long nap and a long night but I am beginning to realise that this just aint so for a lot of us.

Hopefully she'll have at least a little catnap in the car around 3pm.  I wouldn't mind so much if I knew no nap was best and every day I knew that we weren't going to do a nap, it's just so hard when you try for a nap and it backfires.

Big hugs for you, hopefully she'll do a lovely long night to make up for it - like she's done previously.
 :-*  :-*
LAURA xx

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 14:45:49 pm »
Hi Lucy
sorry you've had such a rough afternoon. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry with her calling herself a cheeky little madam....it is truly utterly hysterical but I know if DS came out with something like that I'd feel like shaking him silly, iykwim!!!  I am just itching to meet her!!

Anyway, it's too late for my thoughts now but I am going to do what I do best and that is throw in OT and not UT.  You say she was rubbing her eyes and yawning but then screamed when you put her down - is it possible she was tired and ready-ish for bed but that teeth were bothering her and thus the screaming? Teeth have a wonderful ability to hurt more when in a horizontal position - sinus pressure changes and puts pressure on different spots of the jaw and can make it much more painful for them, as well as the fact that when they are lying down and supposed to be relaxing they become more aware of the feeling in their mouth than when they are running around playing.  So it could be that she was not in fact UT but that she ended up OT after a certain point in time. And the antics all afternoon were OT hyperness?? (Will never forget the day DS just did not nap and by 3pm he was a crazy child!!!)

Anyway, it just makes me wonder if you could give her something for her teeth AND put her down a wee bit later -- we are up to close to 6ish hours here so I do think you've been right keeping her nap closer to 6h as my DS is much higher sleep needs and lower A times so she must be able to handle that long.  On a short night of 11 h night sleep DS's nap is about 5.5 hours later. On a long night of 11.5- 12.5h night sleep his nap is about 6h later.  Not saying that what we do is right for D, but I do think sometimes (for me at least) it helps me to judge if I can compare A times to others and know where to slot DS in, if that makes sense?  So I would put Daisy at wee bit longer A times than we use here as a starting point.

I have no idea if any of this helps, tbh I have been typing one sentence at a time while putting groceries away and really lost track a few times of what I was saying and what my point is, so many apologies....