Author Topic: Green Poo  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Mandy456

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Green Poo
« on: March 20, 2010, 08:52:23 am »
I have just stopped breastfeeding my 11 month old baby and put him on to Cow's milk but for the past week he has had very loose green poo, I am getting worried now as we had 8 dirty nappies yesterday!

I think he may be teething as well as he has a really bad nappy rash (although this may be because of the poo!)

Has anyone experienced this, is it normal ???

Any advice would be most appreciated
Thanks
Aiden's Mum

scarlettsmom

Re: Green Poo
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 22:55:36 pm »
Hi there,

Green poo can be a number of things.  In light of the introduction of cow's milk, it could be a milk reaction.  My DD2 had green mucousy (bloody) stools while I was BF'ing and turned out she had a milk allergy.  I had to cut everything out.  Have you been able to consume dairy while BF'ing?  If so it could just be an initial reaction, getting used to digesting the proteins, or the teething, OR a cold, or ALL of the above. 

8 bad diapers does sound excessive though.  How is he doing now?  Have you cut down or cut out the milk?  I don't think that much is quite normal for a reaction to introducing milk, but can certainly be in the range for other issues.

Let me know how it's going.  Hope he's feeling better and it was just a cold or teething!