Author Topic: 4.5mo trouble with naps+nighttime  (Read 1656 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 03:54:06 am »
P.S I didn't cry today!        Yeahhh!!!
yahoo!! :)  I think try moving her bathtime earlier, sometimes it revs them up if its too close to bedtime, we had to move Calebs bathtime earlier for tht reason, in fact sometimes if we are running late we even skip the bath or he just wont go to sleep easy afterwards.

another thing, i know you loved the 2.5 hour naps but i think maybe too much daysleep?? try only making it 2 hours max next time, yes you will get your own Y time, its just a blip in the bigger scheme of things here that they sleep like this, its not forever :)

Offline inoella

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Re: 4.5mo trouble with naps+nighttime
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 14:11:15 pm »
Yeah for no crying!  ;D
agree w/ pp on the long naps - and I hate to tell you this  --- brace yourself  ;) --- but for the first 4 days of "sleep training" I stayed in her room for most of the naps - at least past the 20 minute mark. The first day I shh/patted the whole 20 min. like Tracy said... All the jerking etc...I thought might be partly from being OT and perhaps partly from just not being used to having her own "space" in the crib - I had held her for most of her naps up to that point...  :P I just took it one sleep cycle at a time.  :) First1st  goal -to get past 20 min. 2nd goal - past the 40... tbh she still often takes 45 min. naps but getting much better...
You're doing great!!!
*Jaci*