Author Topic: Breakfast ideas - refusing food after morning BF  (Read 978 times)

Offline Mommy_to_a_Monkey

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Breakfast ideas - refusing food after morning BF
« on: March 23, 2010, 00:37:08 am »
Not sure if Mitchell is bored of oatmeal or just not hungry after his morning BF.  He has been having breakfast right after morning BF and a diaper change for a LONG time now and he was fine with it but over the last week he has been refusing to eat anything.  I tried different things like toast, yogurt, fruit, etc but nothing.  This morning I decided to wait about an hour and he did eat a couple more bites of the oatmeal but nowhere near what he did before.  Same thing after his 2:30pm BF after his nap we always have a snack of fruit and or cookie, cheese, etc but he wants nothing to do with it and ends up freaking out because he is hungry at around 4ish.  It's too close to dinner to give him something because if I do he won't eat his dinner which is what I want him to eat more of.  Maybe I just have to play around with the timing and change things up with the breakfast selection.
Kim

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 326
Re: Breakfast ideas - refusing food after morning BF
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 14:46:46 pm »
How old is he?

It's really common for appetite to drop sometime between 12-24 months, so he may just not be needing quite as much food. 

Offline Mommy_to_a_Monkey

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Breakfast ideas - refusing food after morning BF
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 15:34:40 pm »
He just turned 1 today!  I cut out the morning snack and made breaky a bit later and that seemed to help with him eating more at lunch.
Kim