Author Topic: No more bathtime. Eek.  (Read 1857 times)

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
No more bathtime. Eek.
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:55:37 am »
 Our new house we have bought doesn't have a bath, only a shower. We will get it sorted asap but its really not top of the list if priorities, cash is a bit tight.

Does anybody shower their LO's. Any tips?

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:06:03 am »
We only have a shower enclosure as well, no bathtub. We bought the largest baby bath that we could and DS is still in it at 20 months old.  He is JUST starting to find it too small and we don't know what to do - have been searching for a new apt for 9 months now and can't find anything so I do not have high hopes we will find a new one in the next short while.  I am still trying to figure out a way to "make" a larger bathtub for DS......it is his favourite part of the day and he is TERRIFIED of the shower.....will let you know if I come up with anything, but for now do you not think Brodie would fit in a large baby bath sitting inside the shower?

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
Re: No more bathtime. Eek.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:16:52 am »
We don't, but a friend of mine has showered her lo from a very young age with no problems.  I have taken M into the shower once (she was probably nearly 3 at the time) and she loved it, but E hates the showers at the swimming pool so I haven't tried that with her.

I guess that Brodie will get used to it - perhaps if you or dh go in with him to start with it will help?

Offline **Clare**

• Showing Appreciation 134
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:01 am »
Can you block the plug hole up with something and fill the base of the shower up using the shower head? Thats what we do on holidays!! We just stick a flannel over it!!!  :P

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:36 am »
Hi there!

I shower both of mine or they get in the bath with DH. I don't do baths very often....don't have time when I am alone with the two of them for teatime and bedtime. We got so used to showering Oscar (he loved it so it was different) that we didn't even take out the baby bath when Emma was born....just used our sink originally (which is a basin- bowl - shape so perfect for a newborn) and then she started to bath with DH and Oscar when she was around 3 mths.

In saying that, I do have a bath, Emma will stand and hold on the side of it and has been doing this since she was around 9 or 10 mths...

In my parents, there is no bath, just a large shower unit and this is akward but one of us would just go into the shower with either of them or O by himself now he's such a big boy....

My mum actually bought what is supposed to be a laundry basket/bucket type thing which we used as an extra large baby bath for Emma and my niece when we're at my mums....its big enough even to hold 110cm Oscar at a push so this would be another idea....

It just takes a little getting used to really and now E is used to it, she is scared of normal bath times, she prefers to stand even if the bath has water in it to sit in....

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 09:06:15 am »
good idea shivi. I think i might buy one of those big big gardening buckets with handles (a bit rubbery - know the type?) and then gradually work on the shower. DS is still in bath but we try out the shower from time to time. Started off freaking out, but now will tip head in with eyes closed!

Best of luck

Lili xx
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 15:55:36 pm »
My kids are both afraid of the shower (yet Spencer will put her head under the running tap as the tub fills up!) so we do baths, but if I didn't have a tub I would probably use a big plastice Rubbermaid bin as a stand in, which we have done when camping or at home for an outdoor bath after a hot day.
Heidi

Offline mmom

• Showing Appreciation 96
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 16:20:01 pm »
DH brings our LO into the shower all the time.  He loves it.  I have to be there, so he can hand him to me.  But we do it often, especially when he needs a bath, but we don't time time to go through the motions.  Bath times are normally pretty long, since my LO likes to play and such.
Kara