Author Topic: Feeding Schedule for my 9.5 months baby girl  (Read 2365 times)

Offline sonimusical

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Feeding Schedule for my 9.5 months baby girl
« on: April 13, 2010, 21:43:43 pm »
Hello -

My baby is 9.5 months and is on the 4 hour EASY. She gets her bottle every 4 hours and in between eats 3 meals. The bottles are 6 ounces each however maybe 1 or 2 of the bottles she will drink about 5 ounces which is fine I guess. My question is that for a 9.5 month old baby, what should be the number of bottle feeds and solids meals in a day ?

Some babies of her age are at 3 bottles and 3 meals so I was wondering if its something I should be doing as well. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline makka

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Our little miracles
Re: Feeding Schedule for my 9.5 months baby girl
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 22:32:21 pm »
Hi there

Well my lo is 9 months next week and she is now on 3 bottles a day and 3 solid meals a day. She consumes 21 oz milk a day so thats 200ml each bottle, and also consumes some dairy like yoghurt and cheese in her vegies. I was struggling to get my lo to have her 3rd bottle as it was too close to her bedtime bottle and also fitting in her dinner. As she would wake from her last nap around 4.30-5pm, then had to get in a small bottle of around 100ml, then her dinner at 5pm, then her bedtime bottle at 7pm, i found with this she was too full to have her bedtime bottle due to the number of feeds from when she woke. So had to confirm if it would be ok for her to be on 3 bottles as i was worried. But she is eating well with her meals and drinks her full bottles and is gaining wait so im not worried about dropping that third bottle. i just make up with the fluids during the day as she drinks water after each meal.

If you think it will work for you just try it, if it doesnt work for your lo then go back to the way you were.

kirsten

Offline sonimusical

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 16:16:15 pm »
Thanks for the advice Kirsten..I am going through the same issue in the evening with so much food to give between 4pm and 7pm that she is too full to take her bedtime bottle. Which bottle did you drop off ? The one after the 2nd nap ?

Offline makka

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Our little miracles
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 22:00:17 pm »
Hi There

Sorry for late reply, but had some computer issues for a while now, its been driving me crazy. Anyways with regards to which bottle yes its the one after the second nap, as my lo wakes at 4.45pm now i give her dinner at 5pm which takes about half hour or so, then she has her bedtime bottle at 7pm. i know what you mean about too much food in very little time so i just cut it back, and i just make sure she has water during the day after her food

But also ive spread out the 3 bottles a day and it has seemed to have worked her routine as such

7am wake feed bottle around 7.15am
9am breakfast
12.30pm lunch
2-2.30 between this time depending on if she is wanting it at 2 otherwise around 2.30pm bottle
5pm dinner
7pm bottle

did you have any luck dropping the bottle?