Author Topic: an extra oz ?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline lilly_kitt

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:05:35 am »
Hi

Tyler is 26 weeks old tomorrow and is fed every 4 hours with 7oz of hungry baby milk, before he goes to bed he also has goodnight milk.  He then wakes anytime between 11-1 and will then take almost another full bottle ?  Do you think by adding an extra oz to his daytime feeds this will help ?  His last proper bottle is 3pm, he then has the goodnight milk before hoes to bed at around 6.30.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Sarah
x

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: an extra oz ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:15:42 am »
If he is draining his bottles then yes you need to add another oz to them. If he isn't finishing the bottles you could try but he may not take any more!

How is he doing on the different milks? From what I have read there isn't much difference between HB and the good night milk - how do you find them?

Laura

Offline lilly_kitt

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:31:18 am »
Hi

Thanks for the response, to be honest i dont think there is much difference, I could try adding extra to his last feed and use hungry baby rather than goodnight. During the day he is much better at draining his bottles than he used to be as i now make sure it is 4 hours and there is a good amount of time before his solids and when his next bottle is due, example bottle at 11, then lunch at 12-12.30 then he will drink all his 3 o'clock bottle.
We use Apitamal hungry baby and cow and gate goodnight milk.
Sarah