Author Topic: 9 month old night wakings PLEASE HELP!  (Read 2528 times)

Offline mnicol05

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 9 month old night wakings PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 12:39:26 pm »
Thanks Alison. It is just hard because he was sttn very well and then stopped. And he has a couple of times during this mess.

Last night I put him to bed at 6:45. He slept until 4:15. I tried pu/pd until 5 and gave in and laid down with him. Should I still lenghten A times and do early bedtime today?

Offline mnicol05

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 15:37:05 pm »
UPDATE:

I forgot to mention that this morning wake time was 6:30am.

I put him down for his first nap at 9:30 (3 hr A time). He woke up at 10:15 and would not go back to sleep. This is the second day of waking early from his first nap after extending A time. Is this normal? I had just gotten his first naps to 1.5 hours 2 weeks ago (but we were doing 2.5 A time). I'm sooooo confused/frustrated! Is he just going to be all wonky for a bit and then level out?  Now I'm not sure what I should do for the rest of the day. HELP!

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 16:13:21 pm »
Hi there, that seems like an UT nap really.  He might have just gotten used the new A time quickly.  I would try his next nap at around 2.5-2.75 hours if it were me - at this age he might even be able to handle 3 hrs.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline mnicol05

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 19:48:55 pm »
After reading a couple of posts on the BF board, now I'm concerned that he may be hungry at night.  I stopped feeding him at night at 6 months cold turkey (his Pediatrician recommended this) and he would STTN fine after a couple of days of night wakings. But now that he is more active I'm wondering if he is waking out of hunger and that's why I can't get him back to sleep, especially since it is different times each not and therefore not habitual waking.  Now I'm feeling totally guilty for not feeding my son if he is hungry. But, then I don't want to start night feedings again if they aren't needed and I become a prop. Ahhhhh....I think I am on information overload.

Thoughts?

Offline Alison_3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 00:36:26 am »
FWIW, I still BF my 9 month old 1-2 times a night.  She goes right back to sleep most of the time.  

alison, when do nwings stop for most??
You don't want my answer as I have three refluxers!   ;)

I think each baby is different.  My friend's DD has STTN since she's 4 months old.  Both of her kids were like that, me none of my kids were like that.  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 00:42:49 am by Alison_3 »

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]