Author Topic: EW due to OT or UT? 7 mo....  (Read 13135 times)

Offline All4Love

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2010, 21:32:27 pm »
All4Love - I really hope your LO gives you some more fabulous sleep.  Hopefully we'll be right behind you!  Can I ask you how you solved your EW issue?

I wish I could say we solved the issue. Those were just two fabulous nights and then we progressively went back to 1 NW and about an every other day EW.

Yesterday with 10h of A and 3h of sleep he went to bed at 8:15, woke at 3am and I BF (pretty sure he was hungry) and the he woke for 2 minutes at 6am and then back to sleep until 6:45.

I was going to try for 10.5h of A and 2.5h of sleep today, but this afternoon was very crazy and a first in a long time. He fought me terribly for his 2nd nap (1st was 2hs) and then finally fell asleep after 4h47min of A. He is sleeping now for 22min (it's 5:30pm) and I have no idea what to do!!!!!!!

Offline Jiinx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
Re: EW due to OT or UT? 7 mo....
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2010, 00:06:22 am »
I personally think he's got the UT-OT cycle. I know I must be asking you the same questions over and over - have you tried giving him one long nap/1 short nap?

I'm sorry about last night. I think there's something else besides his routine that may be troubling him EM...I don't recall you ever telling me of him having a NW like that before?
*Sarah*

Offline empowered mama

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2010, 01:15:32 am »
I'm so glad to hear you say that sarah, as I've had this feeling of OT/UT loop.  It seems that every other day he will have an EW where he will go back to sleep (OT?), and then the other days he will be up for the day (UT?).  I have not tried doing a long nap/short nap yet but have been very tempted to go for it.  For this, would I do one of 1.5 and another of 1 hour?

Jane, I agree with both you and sarah - DH even agreed that something else was bugging him for him to act like that.  Nights like that really makes me wish they are born talking so we know what is the matter.

Big hugs All4love - sounds like you are in the same boat.  Today I read the chapter in BWSAYP about how this age can have a lot of inconsistencies and it made me feel better about everything and that this is normal.  I really hope your night goes well despite the crazy A times. 

Thanks to all of you....great to have your support :)

Offline Jiinx

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2010, 14:44:19 pm »
how's it going EM? Anymore NWs/EWs?

Just wondering if you want to start a new thread to get some fresh eyes? Put your EAS back up and go from there?

*Sarah*

Offline empowered mama

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2010, 20:46:28 pm »
hey S - today is not bad, but still trying to figure this out. 

Last night we had NWs at 10 (brief), 11, 3, and 4:10 (took 30 min to help settle) then up for the day at 6:55.  He got about 10 hrs sleep.

Today I decided for the heck of it to shorten his first A by 10 min and he gave me a 2h15min nap.  I really didn't know what to do; if I should wake him or let him get sleep so I just left him.  He is working on his CN right now.  Maybe I'll try for an earlier BT to see if that makes any difference?  I really have no idea....

We can definitely start a new thread if you think others might take a peek.  Should it be on EASY or NWs? 

p.s. I love your new pic - she is just gorgeous :)

Offline Jiinx

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2010, 21:16:39 pm »
hmm either one is fine, EM.

Sounded like he got some sleep. I think he should be rested enough not to have an early bedtime but erm...that's just what I think and I'm not doing too well helping you lately :(

However, on the positive side of an earlier bedtime..we can see if he still wakes up and either cries, babbles..and how many hours of sleep he'll get and go from there. Post your fresh EAS tomorrow on either thread you decide to post on :)

:-*

oh, and thank you :):)
*Sarah*

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2010, 13:01:16 pm »
I would be tempted to put it on EASY at this point.  I think it is routine related and we need some new eyes to take a look.

Sarah great new pic!!!  And you are helping, encouragement and support is helping.  I have a chronic 10 hour sleeper and no amount of tweaking helped.  And I knew no one was going to have any new suggestions, but I would post anyway to feel the love IYSWIM.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline Jiinx

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2010, 15:33:29 pm »
:-* See you soon, EM. Let us know how your day goes, k?

Thanks, Wendy :-*
*Sarah*

Offline empowered mama

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2010, 17:15:28 pm »
Yes, let me agree with Wendy - sarah you have been so helpful/encouraging/supportive for so long....I would not have my sanity without you and I appreciate you hanging in with us all this time.

I *think* we might have made a little progress last night - though we had 3 or 4 NWs, DS ended up with 10.5 hrs sleep and he actually woke babbling in his crib which hasn't happened in ages. 

I will go ahead and post on EASY to see if we can get some more eyes...

Like Wendy said, even if we have the most terrible of days it is comforting to have people here who understand - you all are just great.

Offline empowered mama

« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2010, 15:17:35 pm »
hmmm, well still working on those EWs  ::)

Sarah, since you are the expert in UT advice I was wondering,

Did you ever have NWs due to UT?  If so, what did they look like and at what times did they typically happen?

DS had a little OT early in the day so I put him to bed 15 min early and wondering if our NWs were OT from the day or UT from the early BT.  Or some other mysterious reason??

Thanks for your thoughts as always...

Offline Jiinx

« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2010, 15:06:30 pm »
cute picture of his chubby thighs! :-*

Did you ever have NWs due to UT?  If so, what did they look like and at what times did they typically happen?

hmm well, the only reason I knew it was UT was bc she was waking early and early. She never did the middle of the night babbles..it was sleep all the way through and then wake up before dawn, really. I was pushing a lot of sleep on her during that time and cutting As and pushing naps...:( So no NWs..just EWs..:( And then maybe just 20-25 minutes to go to sleep rather than the usual 10 minutes if she wasn't tired..however that worked itself out as she would put herself to sleep when she was ready.

I'm going to see your other post on EASY and update myself on his age and As again.
*Sarah*