Author Topic: can a techie help me? BW going to junk box  (Read 2119 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
can a techie help me? BW going to junk box
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:16:40 am »
hiya, not all of my BW stuff is going to my junk box but most of it is, it used to only be one or two that would land there but in the last week i have 80% of my BW notifications landing there, its so annoying as i miss replies and end up replying late etc

can anyone help me figure this out?? im also not getting any new topic notifications, maybe one or two but when i check on the site there are more i havent recieved

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
Re: can a techie help me? BW going to junk box
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:30:22 am »
You could set up a new folder called "BW" (or whatever) and create a filter rule to send all of your messages there.  So "any messages with 'Whisperer' in the subject to go to folder "BW."  If you do not want a separate BW folder then just create a filter that sends all BW messages to your inbox and not trash folder.

Alternately can you not mark the messages "not spam" or "not trash" that are in your trash folder and then they should start going back to your inbox? 

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:23:06 am »
done all that Mashi, i actually already have a BW folder in my inbox, i get 25% of them being sent there and the rest to the junk, have marked them as not junk but they still go there, in fact i didnt even get the notification for THIS thread, i just double checked here and there was a reply... sigh, computers!!! lol just as complicated as sleep training a baby! xO

Offline Mashi

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:43:59 am »
then i would set up another rule that says "when from BW, do not send to trash" and put that rule above the "when from BW send to BW box" and the double rule shoudl do it. what mail program do you use?

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:55:13 am »
Outlook 2007, i just took a look, icant find a rule that says do not send to trash

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:00:44 am »
when i tried to add it to my safe senders list it says that its an invalid server address, which is thebabyw@server1 and that it needs to be something with a .com or something. however thats strange that it doesnt apply for all of them because i checked and they are all the same...

Offline Mashi

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 10:13:32 am »
It would need to either be an email address or a domain in order to go to your safe senders list.  you can add the specific email address that the thread updates come from to your safe senders list. you can do this by right clicking one of the messages and you should have an option in the right click menu to add it to the safe list. i think it will give you a choice of adding the email or adding the domain - do it twice and add both.

hth

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 10:37:40 am »
tried that, still doesnt work, why would it apply for some and not others though? that just doesnt make sense. the notification for this thread goes to the junk box too