Author Topic: 10 or 11 o'clock df??  (Read 1130 times)

Offline mummysturt

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 or 11 o'clock df??
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:35:56 am »
My little boy is 3 weeks and he is on the easy doing very well. He has his last bottle at 6.45pm then I do df at 11. He will then wake at 2ish awns 5ish then I wake him at 7. My question is shoud I try moving the df to 10pm to
try and cut out the 5ish feed? Or do I decreae the amount on offer at 5? He normally does 3/4 ounces.

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Re: 10 or 11 o'clock df??
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »
 The timing of the DF depends entirely on yourself andwhat suits really. We personally always did it closer to 11pm. I thinkn at this young age only waking twice in the night for a feed is fantastic and I wouldn't think about decreasing the amount just yet. Does he also take a full feed at 7am?

My experience with Brodie is that the 2ish am feed went first and the feed round about 5 stuck for a while, when it started to interfere with the morning feed then I cut it back little by little.

Offline mummysturt

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:42:03 pm »
Last might he had half then fell asleep so I put him down and he slept till 6.30.

Offline deckchariot

• Showing Appreciation 361
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 18:48:47 pm »
We did our df around 10:30, as we found at 11 she would sometimes wake up.  I think I read in one of the BW books (I think BWSAYP) that Tracy recommends not doing it any later than 11 as it can disrupt night sleep.  But other than that, it's really up to what works best for you. 
Michelle

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 19:40:58 pm »
I agree with PP - you need to see what time suits you best. Some times you may find they don't feed well at a certain time and you need to try a little earlier or later to catch a different part of the sleep cycle.

I also agree with Emma that your little one is too young to start reducing feeds. He really needs all the calories he can get at the moment and feeding him when he wants it is exactly what you should be doing. {{HUGS}} I know it's hard when you get very little sleep (believe me with 2 refluxers I know ;) ::)) but give him a few weeks and the two night feeds should become one, then he will eventually not wake for a feed, but let him guide you.

Laura