Author Topic: Great activity for 2ish year olds!  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Mashi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 11:30:44 am »
I can guarantee you that yes, he will try to eat it.  But I suspect he will also probably try to spit it out right away, too!  DS still insists on dipping his dummy in it but as soon as he puts the dummy in his mouth he spits and tries to get it all out ... and then does it again ::)

I say it's not really a problem - maybe use vinegar instead of alcohol I guess. Or don't dye it.  I only dyed a small bit of it trying it out, and DS has been so happy to play with it at all let alone if it was dyed.  He even loved it when it was just plain white rice, but adding tiny pastas in and then red, orange and green lentils has made it all colourful enough as well!  If you put down a dark coloured sheet then he can see it better but the sheet I use is white and he still loves it!

Offline ~Emma~

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Re: Great activity for 2ish year olds!
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 11:41:00 am »
 He had better like it! I'm getting excited!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: Great activity for 2ish year olds!
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 14:16:30 pm »
DD still eats hers...and seems to like it EWWWW. I used white vinegar and ziplock baggies. I will say though, mine didn't dry well on a cookie sheet in the oven b/c I had too much rice piled up so keep that in mind. You need to spread it thin to get it to really dry out! Our container that we store it in smells like vinegar LOL