Author Topic: Neocate which flavor?  (Read 990 times)

Offline stellanlucas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 04, 2010, 14:32:14 pm »
Hello,
Our daughter has been recently diagnosed to be allergic to peanuts, eggs and now cows milk our pediatrician suggested neocate she is now 12months and was breastfed for a year. He gave me a sample of the unflavored for infants and she just did not like it at all. I wanted to see if anyone out there had any other flavors their kids liked better? Chocolate? Tropical? The formula is so expensive I hate to purchase one and have her not like it.... thanks for reading.
Jessica

scarlettsmom

Re: Neocate which flavor?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 18:48:39 pm »
Hi there. 

We never tried the flavored Neocate, but the regular is pretty gross.  :(  I would actually go with the tropical flavor, that might work well, especially if she likes fruits?

Sorry not more help, and I agree, it's so expensive (hopefully insurance covers some for you if in the US and covered fully if you're in UK/Canada?).

(((hugs)))

Offline pamelamcgahon

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 20:25:26 pm »
Wow, didn't know you could get flavours.  The original is vile, salty smelling and after Nutramigen and Neocate we just got Apatamil Pepti to try.  We usually heap in loads of fruit with the Neocate - Make custard with it using regular custard powder and sugar, jelly using jelly cubes, hot water and then formula to top up instead of cold water.  We add fruit puree to cereal as she seriously wont entertain it otherwise.  I guess it depends if its to drink or add to food.  I was also told I could add in nesquik powder to flavour it as well.  We only used neocate fo cooking and nutramigen for drinking but that's all she's really drunk since 6weeks (now 10 months).  It also works better cold!