Author Topic: Happy baby suddenly whinging a lot - what am I doing wrong?!  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Annabelp

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hoping someone can give some advice! Ds just turning 6 months. He is usually a very happy smiley baby. He is a perfect sleeper on 4 hour easy. My issue is that in the last few days he doesn't seem happy with any activity we do and whinges constantly! It's not hunger or tiredness and while he has had a few teething niggles the usual teething solutions don't stop the whinging. Not sure if it's boredom but no matter what activities we do the happy laughing boy doesn't come out! When dh comes home ds is all smiley and happy! Also we are trying to wean and, it may be coincidence, but whenever I try to feed him he refuses but when dh gave him banana yesterday he thought it was excellent.

I'm sure I shouldn't take it personally but just wondering if anyone else out there had the same thing with their 6 month old getting bored with them!

Thanks
DS 3 years
DD 18 months

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
Re: Happy baby suddenly whinging a lot - what am I doing wrong?!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:32:23 am »
HI there, what is his mobility like?  I know Finn was really frustrated around that age because he was pretty immobile but wanted to be mobile.  I do think that teething is likely playing a part there.

And yes the whole 'daddy is the most exciting part of my day' thing really is hard, but it's because he's new and coming in the door and you are old news.  It's the special relationship mums have with their LO's...not that mums can't be fun but we are typically the caretakers, especially when we are staying home with them.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline Annabelp

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Happy baby suddenly whinging a lot - what am I doing wrong?!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 15:17:53 pm »
Thanks wendy. He is a very active baby in that he hates just staying still but he can't crawl yet. If he holds your hand he instantly pulls up and tries to walk! So yes I think you are right about the frustration. He will go to a Childminder for a couple of days a week soon when I return to work and I'm hoping the change of scenery and other people will keep him more entertained than boring mummy!

I know it sounds that I'm not wanting to entertain him but the frustration in not being able to stop the whinging was starting to get to me - especially after all day and then dad comes in and the mood switches! Yet another thing to feel guilty about I suppose lol!

DS 3 years
DD 18 months