Author Topic: A 3 month old on 4 hour Easy routine? is this common?  (Read 3549 times)

Offline wilsoju1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
A 3 month old on 4 hour Easy routine? is this common?
« on: June 17, 2010, 15:27:39 pm »
Hi!
My son Justin is 3 months old today:)
I've been doing the 3 hour EASY routine with him for a few weeks now. But over the last couple days I've been starting to think that he may need to be on the 4 hour EASY routine. Could someone please tell me, how can you tell if your baby is ready for every 4 hours?
He's been finishing his feeds in 10 minutes at the most, which now has been throwing off the 3 hour routine. So his activity time and sleep time are now becoming off track.

He weighs almost 14 pounds.

What do I do??

Julie & Justin
Toronto, Canada

Offline kermit_o

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: A 3 month old on 4 hour Easy routine? is this common?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 19:29:27 pm »
I can't answer your question about how to tell when they are ready to move but I thought my 14 week old was ready in fact the 4 days I did she was happy as larry.  However, I got her weighed yesterday and she had lost weight, she has been teething (top two canines now through) and I have been really stressed so think my milk not best.  I have gone straight back to 3 hour feeds.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was that if you do move just take care your LO is getting enough.  Maybe get them weighed at the start and again a week later to check growth is consistant.

Katharine

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 21:04:19 pm »
Hi there, there's a link here about how to tell when it's time to transition : http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63161.0

A times include all time spent feeding, so I'm not sure how shorter feeds impacts on your routine? My LO was always a very fast/efficient feeder, rarely ever took more than 10 mins to finish a feed.

Offline AngelaF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:59:56 am »
I thought my guy was ready right around 3 months and then he hit the 4 month growth spurt, and I went back to 3.5 hours. I'd say if he's not waking more than usual, you're doing okay and just be prepared if he regresses a bit.