Author Topic: multivitamin for a 2 year old without common allergens  (Read 768 times)

Offline mmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 96
multivitamin for a 2 year old without common allergens
« on: June 18, 2010, 20:55:10 pm »
Does anyone know of one that isn't gross?  My LO is on such a restricted diet that we have had him on a multivitamin for a while now.  It is designed for children with food allergies and great for him.  But it is very expensive.  Since most peds recommend starting a vit when children are 2, I thought I could transition over to another vitamin.  But after looking at all of the brands in the stores, they are all either loaded with sugar or have ingredients that he can't have yet.  Aside from not being able to have milk, soy, wheat, or eggs, he can't have foods if he hasn't had them yet.  One of the vitamins had beet juice in it and he hasn't been exposed to that, so that is out.  Does anyone know of a brand that would work for him?
Kara

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: multivitamin for a 2 year old without common allergens
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
Moving this to food allergies, might get more eyes there.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

scarlettsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 14:46:50 pm »
Hi there,

I'm not sure of any at the grocery store, but you can check out http://kirkmanlabs.com/SiteSearchResult.aspx?strSiteSearch=children%20vitamin  I got my calcium supp from them while on an elimination diet for DD.  They are pretty reasonable.  Check out the "multi-vitamin" tab - they have children's options.

HTH!!  :-*

Offline mmom

• Showing Appreciation 96
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 15:11:17 pm »
Thanks to both of you!
Kara