Author Topic: How long after eliminating the offending food before bf baby's poop improves?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 326
A question for the poop detectives:  I think EBF DS may be reacting to legumes in my diet.  DH has a severe allergy to them.  I'm wondering, once I eliminate them, how long before I should see improvement in his poop?  I know with dairy it takes 2-4 weeks to fully leave the body, is it the same with all allergens?

Those of you who've been tracking allergies--how long after eliminating the offending food before the green/mucous-filled poops stopped?

I know with dairy it can take 2-4 weeks to fully leave the system, does it take that long with other allergens?  Should I see some improvement in the poop pretty quickly or can that take a while too?

scarlettsmom

Hey Bethany,

I found w/DD2 that oustide of dairy once I eliminated offending foods (like oatmeal, which I was eating LOADS of and never thought she was allergic to until actual testing), there was a quick turn around w/the poops.  Like 24-48 hours. 

Have you cut out the legumes yet?  Any changes with the stools??    I never really saw green with anything other than dairy issues though.  But had LOTS of mucous with other offending foods.

(((Hugs)))), I know it can be frustrating trying to figure this stuff out!

:-*

Offline Peek-a-boo

I've been off legumes for 48 hours and poop color and texture are both improving.  Not back to normal yet, but getting better. :)  Sleep was much better last night too! 

Now we've had shots today, so that will probably muddy that waters a bit, but we'll ride it out. :)

scarlettsmom

Great news!  Hope it continues! 

Offline Peek-a-boo

Just wanted to update.  Today we had our first totally normal poop--nice mustard color, no mucous.  It's been 9 days since I had legumes and his poops improved and his sleep improved in a couple of days, but today was the first really perfect one.  :)

scarlettsmom

Woohoo!!  ;D