Author Topic: egg allergy  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Mum to F&A

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
egg allergy
« on: July 18, 2010, 20:28:24 pm »
Been a long time since i posted on this thread, but we've now discovered that ds is allergic to egg as well as dairy and mummy instinct got it right!

I had been avoiding egg for a long time with ds but dietician and ped said a few weeks ago to give it a go. So last weekend I gave him some waited 20mins and he seemed fine and he proceeded to wolf the whole lot down. 2hours later voimiting reared its head and so did the hives that he gets with dairy as well. I just *knew* something wasn't right with egg and him but listened to the docs and ended up with a really poirly ds. Next time I'l learn to listen to me!

So now we are phasing all eggs out of his diet too thankfully not too much. Phew these allergy ridden children are hard work  :)

scarlettsmom

Re: egg allergy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 22:48:07 pm »
Oh no, sorry your DS had to go through that,  :(.  But glad that you know for sure now and can take it out of his diet completely.

It IS hard work, but SO great when you get a definitive answer.

:-*

Offline SAHNE

• Proud momma to Carter, Turner, and one angel baby!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two little beasties who have stolen my heart!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 21:45:50 pm »
Hugs!! Eggs are tough - have 2 boys w/ egg allergy!!  We have a wonderful egg-replacer here called Ener-G egg replacer - works great in cakes/cookies - which are hardest to make w/o eggs!!  Good luck!!  Momma's intuition is always right!
-Steph

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 02:12:22 am »
(((hugs))) :-* Mommy intuition is the best sense that we have!

We've got dairy and egg allergies here too (among others) so if you want to swap recipes let me know!  I have a fabulous banana muffin one that Dylan just loves :)
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline ireneee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 19:16:22 pm »
Hi Vikki,
Does your banana muffin recipe have soy in it?
My LO is allergic to soy, dairy and egg :(
If it's suitable, could you let me have your recipe please?
Thanks in advance!
Irene :)

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 00:48:14 am »
Hi Irene,

Dylan isn't allergic to soy so the recipe doesn't specifically exclude it, but you could definitely make it soy free.  I use a vegan margarine in it, it's dairy free but contains soy.  If you had a soy free margarine, or even coconut oil (isn't that semi-solid?) you could make it work!

3-4 Lg ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar (the original recipe called for 1 cup but I reduced)
1/3 cup dairy free margarine, melted
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla (not necessary, I forgot to add it once and the muffins were still good!)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine mashed banana, sugar, melted margarine, applesauce, and vanilla in mixing bowl, stir well.  Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.  Add to banana mixture, stirring well.  Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake in a preheated oven at 350F.  Bake 20m for regular sized muffins, 12-15m for mini muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline Mum to F&A

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 11:33:46 am »
Yum... thanks for that Vikki!  :)  ds only seems to like bananas when made into cake so definately one I'l try out!

Offline ireneee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 17:36:40 pm »
Lovely, thank you!
Yes, we have a dairy and soy free margarine so wil defo have to give this a go!!!
:)

Offline residencename

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 05:58:20 am »
Egg allergy is a rare occurrence in adults. The allergy is common in young children, and it is usually outgrown by age 6, according to the Mayo Clinic. Even when adults have egg allergy, the disorder usually begins in childhood or early adulthood.So you Can try the vegetarian food. They are very good for health...