Author Topic: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)  (Read 76029 times)

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2010, 20:29:39 pm »
LIzzy what's stick? 

Same here nn the social and food thing, I can't believe that everything fun and social revolves around food!

Most lentils are fine, just following the lists in the RPAH food guide. Just give very little to start with due to the fibre content.

Good luck for the rusks!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2010, 02:42:34 am »
Day 3 on pears and not good. He's maga refluxy, had 3 bouts of hiccups _ which he never gets, visibly swallowing, grouchy.  Took 2 hours of screaming to get to sleep.   Annoyingly we are at the end of the suspension of meds, which stops eing effective at the end of the run, due for anthoer bottle this afternoon.  So a few factors to consider. Gave pain relief to try to get him to sleep, but it didn't work. 

It doesn't seem like the teeth are the main problem. I am suspect now that it IS the pears, this is how he was last time with the pears!    He's so cranky I'we had to hold him all day, and give Ds1 little attention and not being able to get out of the house, this sucks.
  When am I going to get to eat my egg?

And not sure whether to push on for another day just to make sure, or to try the pears again in a week or so.

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2010, 03:16:56 am »
Grrr... the trialing, waiting for things to settle, moving one step at a time is so hard, tiring and frustrating. Hugs. And I feel like every time we go to try something new, something else comes up... teeth, new batch of meds.... Agh!
Jenny - mama to

Offline lizzyr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2010, 09:34:33 am »
Huge hugs - it's just so dissapointing when you think you are getting there, then a reaction. You'll get there - keep your chin up.  I must say, I now give each food a full 7 days - which is painfully slow, but I've done it to make sure I was not drawing the wrong conclusions, and if other things were at play, they'd have a chance to settle down, IYSWIM.
Sending lots of strength your way.

Offline lizzyr

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2010, 09:36:43 am »
Oh and er...just realised my typo...I meant 'stock', not 'stick'..! I used to have a brain I'm...sure of it!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2010, 09:41:33 am »
thanks Lizzy, Jenny,  I am deflated today.  I will get over it tomorrow.  I am not continuing with the pears cause today was just too hard.  I would prefer to wait till this tooth comes through first.

then stock needs to be made from LOW chem foods

chicken carcass only or meat bones only, (not meat no the bones) leek, garlic, swede, celery, parsley stalks.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 17:32:51 pm by EloysH »

hrk

« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2010, 13:40:51 pm »
Eloys, when did you do a med adjustment last?

Offline lizzyr

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2010, 14:29:10 pm »
Just checking back in to see how you are. Hey - you WILL feel better tommorow - and I know how it feels like the rug has been pulled from under your feet. Try and focus on all the positive steps you've made, you ARE making progress. Take care and keep positive if you can. x

scarlettsmom

« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2010, 14:45:27 pm »
((((( hugs)))))) Eloise.  I know it's tough, but keep on truckin' mama.  Your LO is still very little, I honestly only added one or two foods outside of my base until Gwynnie was about 8-10 months old.  Not great to hear, but 9-10 months seems to be a biggie for such sensitive bubs.  It'll all work out. :-*

Offline Gypsymom

• aka Shannon
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • DS1 - born May 1/08 DS2 - born May 14/10
    • Rainstorm Whitenoise
« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:07 am »
chicken carcass only or meat bones only, (not meat no the bones)

Hmm. Maybe this is where I went wrong with my reaction-soup. There was some meat still on the bones. I always thought that making soup was how you got it off!???

Sorry the pears isn't going well, Elo. Chin up, he has been tolerating them in your diet, right?  Hopefully you can find a fruit that works for him though!!

S had his first bm in 8 days. Obviously it was massive! I'm not happy though - it's easier than diarrhea but he gets so gassy from not going. I saw a naturopath today and she told me that eventually you'll react to everything if exposure is too high. She suggested that maybe my baseline diet is starting to bother him. The good news is that she found my case unusual enough that she decided to send me away without any plan/changes as she wants to give it a good think (and ask around her circle I think) before proceeding. She seems like a good fit with me but unfortunately, this is private medecine so it's very $$$.

Offline EloysH

« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2010, 03:58:29 am »

OMG we are in panic mode here now - Kai has just eaten half a kaffir lime leaf VERY HIGH salicylates  :'( :'(   He aspirated our his nose as it was going down his throat  :-[

I rang the RPA allergy unit for advice and they said there is nothing I can do.  I am kicking myslef as I had my finger on it as it was sliding done his throat but coudn't get it out.  My poor baby has just been poisioned by food!     They said to expect burnt insides, nappy rash, really foul green mucus poos and and very unhappy baby.   They said no long term damage would done to his gut but it will have to settle after the food passes through.    At least it is friday and DH will be home to help.  Also some bubs have throat swelling due to sals and to take him to the docotor for anti-histamine drops straight away if that happens.

This only happened an hour ago.

This is just awful.

Shannon so glad you found a prosfessional that you can work with  :)  Heres to hoping.  I have heard that before, that babies can react to everything if their systems are in reaction mode.  But it sounds like he's on a nice baseline though?

As for the meat on the bones - a normal carcass with bits of meat on it are ok.  It's not practical to get them all off.

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2010, 05:59:27 am »
OMG elo, poor you and kai! thinking of you both, call me if you need a hand with j. hope it passes quickly :-*

hrk

« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2010, 17:55:03 pm »
SEnding more healthy vibes for K.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  I hope he is hanging in there (and mom/dad, too).  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Offline EloysH

« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2010, 03:26:20 am »
Oh, the worst is over!  He had a rough night lots of NW's and one long NW'ing but is a happy chappy today. Still haven't seen the leaf come out the other side though. :o

hrk

« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2010, 03:32:09 am »
Ugh, Eloys.  But I am so glad to hear that it sounds like it is over.  Sending lots of hugs!  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX