Author Topic: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)  (Read 76024 times)

Offline lizzyr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)
« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2010, 20:51:30 pm »
Back again - hello everyone!
Yey for the eggs - Buntybear, I know what you mean about never fancying them when they were allowed, and now the thought of scrambled eggs is appealing...strange how the mind works!
Glad to hear you are trying eggs Eloise - fingers crossed for you.
Finn is now on more foods - lentils, rice milk, leeks, Pure spread. We tried chicken, he was pretty fussy and spots appeared on his face...but could be co-incidence. I don't want to believe it could be a reaction (and would mean he has additional things to sals, dairy and soy etc)...anyway, I'm going to try again with it this weekend to see if the same happens. It's been nice to eat another meat other than lamb (and this from someone who was a veggie for 12 years...)!
 My next plan of attack is:
Try banana again - see if he reacts ( I want to re-check amines)
Then, mango (?) and peas (? - just want another veggie for him...)
THEN I am going to be brave and try wheat for 7 days (direct to him), then eggs (direct to him). He is nearly a year old, so I thought that I need to at least try these things. If I could eat both then it would make life so much easier.

After that I want to test salicilates again. Any ideas of the best way to do this? Should I go for a serve of a high food a day, or try moderate? Not sure. Any help would be great if have you some ideas.

Offline lizzyr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2010, 21:01:31 pm »
...or help with what other safer veggies, I have done all the appropriate lows...kinda stuck as to where to go next with safe veggies...

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #317 on: November 12, 2010, 21:42:28 pm »
Lizzy: I would go fo moderate sals to start.  Has he failed sals before?  If so just do a teaspoon a day for two weeks if he passes that, then up your quantity.  If you don't know if he is sensitive to sals then maybe start with a tablespoon or so or moderate.  If tolerates a few weeks on that you can then try a high.

Moderates: sweet potato, zucchini, asparagus, butternut pumpkin just to name a few.

Mangoes is high sals I think... need to check though and also has amines I think, so maybe not a good one to start.

Good luck with wheat, for sure, we need to try these things one day  ::)

What about starting a thread on feeding solid food?  Maybe we should ask Tara and see where she thinks best  - Finger foods for sensitive bubs dairy/soy/wheat/egg/free & low chemical

Offline EloysH

« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2010, 21:46:37 pm »
Hey BB: the eggs aren't as eggselent as I remember!!   Only done hidden so far though. ::)

hrk

« Reply #319 on: November 13, 2010, 14:25:29 pm »
On the chart I have used in the past, mangoes are moderate.  H can tollerate them, but we don't do them day after day.  I wonder if that is different in the RPAH book.  I can't remember off hand.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #320 on: November 14, 2010, 18:46:51 pm »
Eloise - how do you make your patties?? I tried chicken pattie today with mashed pot, chicken and onion. Have fried them up but they are soggy! Olly will never be able to pick them up! Not sure how to bind them with no egg or breadcrumbs allowed  :-\

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #321 on: November 14, 2010, 21:15:23 pm »
I use a little bit of rice flour BB
Jenny - mama to

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #322 on: November 14, 2010, 21:47:58 pm »
Thanks! Mixed in or coated round the outside?

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #323 on: November 14, 2010, 21:57:11 pm »
Mixed in
Jenny - mama to

Offline EloysH

« Reply #324 on: November 14, 2010, 23:22:40 pm »
or any gluten free flour, I also ground up rice puffs with a mortar and pestle for 5 mins it makes them fluffier. You also add "no egg" replacer...  all the ingredients are "low"

had a long NW last night, hoping its not the egg, two days of egg to go.  He may be teething.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #325 on: November 15, 2010, 08:23:45 am »
Thanks, will give it another go this lunch time.

Hope it is not the egg Eloise. We had 2 NWs - I think I am going to blame teeth too (hoping it is not the Nutramigen AA)

Offline EloysH

« Reply #326 on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:44 am »
I also forgot to add that sometimes I par cook the potato and swede and then grate it. The consistency is fluffy and starchy and sticks together really well for patties when cooking.

Not looking forward to tonight, I feel a sense of dread.  He's fighting bedtime tonight as I stupidly let him sleep from 3:45pm till 5pm this arvo... ugh.   I feel that we will  get more Nw'ing, no matter if its tummy/egg teeth or too much day sleep. ugh.

On another note, I took Kai to a hocus pocus practicioner today (for fun) that does a form of kineasiology  called NAET (Namburipads Allergy Elimination Techniques). In a nut shell, we use the body to tell us what foods are a problem/allergy/intolerance, which are manifested in the body as "blocked" energy pathways. They then "clear" those problems by clearing the blocked energy pathway and apparantly you are cured or significantly less sensitive to that food.   Pretty unbelievable, but its harmless and i figure it can't hurt and I am a very curious person about these sorts of things.  Anyway, today we went and the practioner tested him for ALL sorts of foods and his body told us which ones were problem foods. It was quite interesting, because none of the problem foods contradict what I already know...spooky!   One other interesting finding was that egg was not a problem food for him.   We'll see!!  ;) 

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #327 on: November 15, 2010, 09:33:54 am »
lol I went to a hocus pocus practicioner years ago when I first started suffering with Crohn's. Can't remember the term for it but she sent electrical impulses through the body and the reactions told you of any food intolerances. On the back of it I went dairy and wheat free to no avail  ::).

It is soooo tempting to let them sleep in the day when you are all so tired isn't it? FX for tonight x

Offline EloysH

« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:50 am »
Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
He has passed the egg challenge!

3 days of hidden egg, + 3 days of "normal" egg + an extra egg     has shown no relfux flare up, no wind, no sore tummy, no strange poos, no unsettledness in the day.  He had some long NW's, but he has these for other reasons too like teething and also too much day sleep, so I needed to see more symptoms to blame the egg.

I don't know what to do with myself!!  I have so many more options available in my diet now... just made mayonaise!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:41:22 am by EloysH »

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:58 am »
yippee elo ;D ;D ;D how exciting!! so what are you going to eat tomorrow??

k is fine on oats and is one day short of passing the wheat challenge, 3 days of vitabrits, 2 days of pasta and today he had toast fingers. OMG it was sooooooo exciting seeing him eat toast today. have had occasional sleep related issues but he is about to cut tooth number 4 & 5 so to be expected.

he is tolerating 2tsp of salicylates daily now and i held it at that level for the wheat challenge. will add another tsp (so 1tbs total) this week and then egg and white fish challenge to follow.

elo, what age did you start J on cheese and yoghurt and what made you think it was ok to try then?? i've been advised to wait til 12mths but in light of my new found dairy issues since adding it back after stopping bf (i'm fine on cheese and yoghurt but only really small amounts of milk, and no ice-cream :( ) i'm wondering if k may tolerate cheese or yoghurt tho...
by the way, the wheat issues i was having, wheat is fine, it's the preservatives ::)