Author Topic: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)  (Read 76069 times)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:45 am »
Brilliant Eloise! Will you introduce into Kai's diet too?

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2010, 10:48:42 am »
yay Kingston!!   ;D ;D ;D  Toast  :)

I don't know what I am going to eat tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I dont care! I can eat anything eggy!  :D

BB: I have no idea about egg for K's diet... the old advice was to wait till 1, I  think its earlier now.

Kirry: how did you figure the preservatives in the bread???
as for Jarrah and dairy, I was game enough to try cheese and yoghurt at 9 months because we also couldn't see ANY signs of his reflux, thought he had grown out of it, and were planning a meds wean.  We successfully weaned his meds at 9 months after introducing the cheese I think.  I think I also ate some dairy before trying cheese, but that particular detail is a bit hazy now.

I do still think K is mildly teething so the third introduction of pear will have to wait. Instead I'll add more lentils and probably leeks and brussel sprouts.

Kirry, BB or Lizzy have you done any of the windy veges yet?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2010, 11:03:12 am »
Am on PC so can reply in full!

Great news about eggs in your diet - they are so healthy and filling! Am just find I am constantly hungry at the mo, especially as it is quite wintry here now and am in need of comfort food. We are still trialling Nutriamigen AA so can't introduce any more foods at the mo. I miss mayo - it was the one thing that gave me the creaminess I miss from dairy. Olly had another 2 hr NW last night but he has a cold so not sure about reasons why. There were a few farts though (sorry hate that word!) so could have been stomach discomfort.  ::). This really is Olly's only sign of intolerances - would be easier if he had mucousy poos etc as NWs can be for sooo many reasons.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #333 on: November 17, 2010, 11:03:41 am »
We steer clear of windy veg - need no help there thank you!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #334 on: November 17, 2010, 11:11:03 am »
BB that is very annoying about Ollys symptoms only coming out with NW's.  And then in the middle of the night how are you supposed to be militant about observing if he's unsettled or windy etc.. when you are probably feeling more like a walking zombie!  Often after Nw's I can't recall much the next day... useless!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2010, 11:31:02 am »
TBH DH is pretty good with NWs. Often Olly will only settle for him, then there are 2 heads the next day. This morning though I could not remember who actaully got Olly of to sleep! think it was DH but I do remember falling asleep n the chair next to Olly's cot so he must have been restless after DH got him sleeping in his cot. I am tired - I think I actually dozed off after 1st BF in bed this morning with Olly playing next to me! Only a couple of seconds prob  :o

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2010, 00:46:13 am »
That's fantastic news Eloise and Kirry!!!

We seem to be doing better since we've introduced more foods because I think variety and not too much of any one thing is helping. We still don't have a ton of options, but we're slowly getting there.
Jenny - mama to

Offline EloysH

« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2010, 11:04:25 am »
Good news Jenny  :)

We are on Day 2 of PEARS!!!   In the past everything has fallen apart on Day3 and Day4  so need some serious VIBES>>>>>>>>>

Have introduced more low chemical foods since last update, and since he is no refusing all mush/lumpy mixtures of food I have had to make most things as finger food so he can pick it up.  I have to put the mush onto a rice cake for him to take it  ::)

Brussel sprouts (cut in half sleamed really well then baked in oil to caramelise)
little bit of garlic
green and brown lentils
purple cabbage
rice milk in cooking

He is eating whole pieces of meat now and sucking on them and breaking off bits, chewing quite well.

Anyway, he was a little "off" today. Lets hope xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If he fails this then his salicylate sensitivity IS significant, and I am not mentally prepared for that.  If all goes well, then we can look to trying small amounts of moderate sals.

Anyone else besides Kirry on moderate salicylates?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #338 on: November 21, 2010, 11:55:33 am »
Ohhhh will be thinking of you hun! xxx  :-*

Have you tried pre loading his spoon and leaving it on his tray? This is about the only way I am getting Olly to eat now. Have tried patties and potato cakes but he can't quite handle them as finger food yet. Must try bits of meat with him. Do you fry yours? I think it is the fying that makes it tough for Olly to bite a bit off. Maybe should roast a chicken and then cut bits off? Sorry thinking out loud here!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #339 on: November 21, 2010, 19:02:52 pm »
OK - finally started the finger food thread. Please add any ideas you have and how to make them! Would be handy to get all our ideas in one place  ;)

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=182009.0

Will also put his over on the MPI/MSPI thread

Offline lizzyr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #340 on: November 21, 2010, 19:57:10 pm »
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the success with eggs Eloise, great, great news. Am sending those good luck vibes for the pear... As for windy veg, well swede, cabbage...I suppose are classed as windy veg. Green beans and leek seemed to make him windy. TBH all the Failsafe low veggies are pretty windy aren't they? F doesn't seem to be doing too badly with them though. 
Have done some more work on his sleep and night wakings have gone from 5 to 1 at the moment. I just daren't say it really in case it all goes pear shaped (sorry) again!

I re-tried bananas again. Just 1 teaspoon mixed with pear and porridge. Hmmm made his poo's go from soft to very formed, clay like - not like him at all. Last time it was green poo and then rabbit droppings (sorry TMI). Don;t know if it's just the banana, as people say its constipating, or the amines. I did try Avocado with him a few months ago with the same reaction, and that should have the opposite effect... So I am going to give him a little banana once or twice a week and move on with some other challenges.
Eggs for him tommorow...I', going to do moderate sals after eggs and wheat now, probably mango and butternut squash...
Anyway, off to look at the finger food thread...
Take care everyone

Offline EloysH

« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2010, 06:16:03 am »
Hey Lizzy,

Sounds like a good plan!   We had rabbit droppings after too much bannana too! Kai is tolerating all the windy veg too.  He has been eating steamed cabbage and steamed brussel sprouts ok. 

On the meat side, I have been roasting or pan frying strips, so they are still quite tender inside.  Ir giving him slices of lamb roast that are nice and juicy, the juicier the better.

Yay for the NW's I am SO pleased for you. ;D

We seem to be having more 1 NW nights too, altough every 304 days that 1 NW turns into a long one. He has increased his mobility considerably, I think its playing a role.

Anyway..... all is well with the PEARS!!! Finally, at 8 months old he can eat pears! LOL!!

I am now on the gluten/wheat thing, I am eating oats for 3 days first, then giving him oats for 3 days, We will see how it goes.  If he passes that, then I will do a wheat challenge through my milk.

BB: on the preloaded spoon: - he has always fed himself with a preloaded spoon, from day dot.  He;s fiercly independent with his eating.   :o  Its just that he's refusing to be take the spoon and much now.  He doesn't have any much now.  I have resorted to finely chopping everything and put it in a bowl and let him scoop it out with his hands.  Makes a fine mess! And of course finger foods too.

Offline EloysH

« Reply #342 on: November 28, 2010, 04:23:03 am »
cr*p!

I'm on Day 3 of oats and Kai has done 2 mucus poos, yellow poos with about 10% of it mucus.  Its the first mucus I have seen for a long time.  Not sure what to do as he sttn last night and is not unsettled at all  ???   But mucus means that the food is not agreeing right?

I am supposed to give him oats directly tomorrow for 3 days, not sure.  What if that really sets him off?  At least I would know right? Maybe I need to continue eating oats and see what happens to his poos and his settledness over some more days?

What do you think girls?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:15:36 am by EloysH »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #343 on: November 28, 2010, 10:02:56 am »
Hi personally I wouldn't risk giving Kai oats. I would continue as you are for a few days. Strange ( but very good!) that he STTN. if he still has mucous take it back your diet and see if it improves. Good luck x

Offline EloysH

« Reply #344 on: November 28, 2010, 10:17:30 am »
strange yeah!  I don't think I will risk the oats directly to him.  I am also thinking of just stopping the oats for me.  I don't want to risk my STTN! Got to decide in the morning.   It means I will need to retry the oats later.   It also means I won't be sure if it was a reaction or not, but I might save him from getting too unsettled.

What's a sleep deprived mother to do?