Author Topic: Link to EXCELLENT very detailed food chemical elimination diet (Failsafe diet)  (Read 1917 times)

Offline lizzyr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Found this and thought it would be useful to any of you out there who are trying elimination diets. It details (very thoroughly) a diet that is low in food chemicals (salicylates / amines ) and optionally low in gluten/dairy.
Very helpfully, it also tells you how to do a food challenge for each of these things (which foods and for how long) after you have done the elimination diet, to see if there is a reaction to a certain chemical/food.
Hope this helps someone. Good luck to a everyone out there!!!

Offline lizzyr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
He!He! Forgot to post the link:

http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/content/elimination-diet.aspx

These months of sleepless nights and a restricted diet has clearly addled my brain...Oh well!...

scarlettsmom

Interesting, thanks.

My only small word of caution is, with any elimination diet, enlist the help of a nutritionist to make sure you are getting all vitamins you need. 

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Heya,

I've been on this diet loosely since DS was born but since 3 days ago on the full elimination diet - moderate version so I can test for DS's food intolerances. We suspect amines and salicylates and since these are present in so many foods there is no real way to test for the intolerances thoer than through a strict elimination diet.

I am seeing a dietician and she said its ok for a breastfeeding Mum to do the moderate version, but not the "low" version.  I have read the books Fed up and Failsafe cookbook.  There is also a booklet published by the RPAH Allergy Unit that tells you how to do the diet exactly and a cookbook, both these are saviours!

http://www.sswahs.nsw.gov.au/rpa/allergy/