Author Topic: Am I worried for nothing?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline lilybug25

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« on: July 29, 2010, 21:15:00 pm »
My LO if 7.5 months and loves food !!! We are in the process of cutting the DF out (day 4 of day 21 going great!) So she will be having 4 8oz bottles and 3 meals a day. My Lo is a BIG BABY last moth she weighted 20 pounds, she is in the 97% for her age and the doctor says she is healthy. I am not a small person by any means ( almost 6 feet ). I'm just worried that i could be over feeding her ( she has never puked from over eating thus far) and have to but her on a diet later on ( a friend had to put her child on a doctor ordered diet at 10 months!!!) This is her routine:
wake: 7:00(we set the alarm cause she would sleep later if we let her )
bottle:7:30
BF: 9:00( cereal with fruit 10 teaspoons)
Sleep: 10-11:30
bottle: 11:45
lunch: 12:15 ( veggies 7 tsp. fruit 3 tsp)
sleep:2:30-4
bottle: 4:15
supper: 5:45 (veggie 10 tsp)
bath-6:15
Bottle:6:50
bed:7:00
Does anyone else have a "big" baby who loves to eat out there? and when is it to much food?

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
Re: Am I worried for nothing?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 21:22:08 pm »
Hi sweetie if everything you are giving her is healthy (and it sounds like it is) I wouldn't worry at all. It's not like she's on the 97th because you feed her a ton of sweets!! My DD1 LOVES food too, I could not believe how much she could shovel down at your DD's age, but I did find it really slowed down after a few months, maybe the novelty wore off :P She is still a great eater but honestly she quite possibly eats less now than she did when she was more like 9/10 months. It's great that your DD eats so well, keep introducing new foods whilst she's willing to take them :)

xxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline fivesey

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:42:46 pm »
In my experience it is difficult to over-feed a baby. My two are very opinionated and if they don't want something they will firmly clamp their mouths shut! At least for the moment I would follow your babies lead and simply feed her until she loses interest/stops opening her mouth. Also, have you introduced finger foods yet as that is the point where the baby really does decide how much they want to go in (or on the floor!). As the previous poster said, just try to keep the food as healthy as possible and it should be fine. Some babies are just big. My daughter was pretty chubby up until about 14mths as she not only ate lots but also consumed alot of milk and as soon as she was walking and running she slimmed down really quickly. Good luck!

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 14:08:52 pm »
I wouldn't worry about it either.  Like ppl have said if you are offering healthy food then there won't be any overweight problems.  Keep in mind too that your LO is at an age where she is about to start motoring around, whether it's crawling, cruising or walking, so she'll need the extra calories to burn!  ;)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012