Author Topic: Baby Lead Weaning Support Thread - Part 7  (Read 62843 times)

Offline bakershaker

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mom of 3- Baker 12/07, Myla 03/10, Sawyer 03/14
Re: Baby Lead Weaning Support Thread - Part 7
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2010, 17:55:39 pm »
Hugs Megan!~ I have a girlfriend who's daughter flat out refused solids until she was about 1 year.Then out of nowhere she decided she didn't want her milk and she was all over solids. So maybe Ellen will be like that? Do you think it's the textures she doesn't like? My sister is a Occupational Therapist and she works with alot of babies who have texture issues and therefore don't like the feel of food in there hands/ mouth or tummies. She said it's strange, but very common! I'm sure Ellen doesn't have texture issues...but just thought I'd put that out there if any other moms didn't know about that!
Mommy to 3 beautiful little ones

Offline bug_blues70

• Showing Appreciation 25
« Reply #421 on: December 27, 2010, 18:11:46 pm »
She might, but I don't really think so. Definitely not with her hands - she loves to roll her food between both hands and get it everywhere. And she'll eat lots of different textures, but just not much of anything. Hey I read on the 7-9 BC post (that I'm not technically on anymore!) that Myla said kitty... that's so cool!! It's crazy - that was the first thing Ellen said! That and hot. She still doesn't say mama or dada, but every time she sees a kitty she gets all excited and says keee. And when she sees the stove or my coffee cup, she'll say haaaaa.

Megan

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #422 on: January 02, 2011, 19:03:47 pm »
Ugh. Megan isn't keen on a spoon so we are wandering over here  ::). Little miss independent!!

So far she has rice crackers, pear, banana, chicken, turkey, peas, gluten free breadsticks.

Now the holidays are over I will try harder. Not easy when she can't have anything I eat due to allergies.

Offline Kimberlina

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #423 on: January 02, 2011, 20:36:48 pm »
Good luck, Liz! Maybe she's a herbivore...  ;D ???    ::)
♥ Kim

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #424 on: January 02, 2011, 21:46:21 pm »
Lisa-I think that Ry has the texture problem!  Did not know about that but have been thinking that I wanted to talk to his Dr. about that very thng!  Didn't know an OT can help with that.  Do you know what they do to help kids get over the texture thing?

Offline inoella

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #425 on: January 02, 2011, 23:09:41 pm »
Megan - I'm not here much anymore as my LO is nearly 15 months but I just wanted to send you HUGS and let you know I know how you feel! My LO hardly eats a thing and she's tiny tiny - just 18 lbs. But she's perfectly healthy and happy (for the most part!) so I just roll with it. I offer her several foods at each meal and start with the ones I think she won't like.  ;) But other than that she eats a lot of the same thing - blueberreis, mac-n-cheese, pb&j... I really do think it's just a phase tho and she will learn to like foods slowly along the way. For example - when other LOs were chowing down sandwhiches my LO would not even touch bread. But suddenly out of the blue - like pp said - she decided bread was OK after all - that was only about a month ago.
I did just want to mention that teething makes a huge difference here - she'll hardly eat a thing when she's teething but also she likes all her food cold when she's teething. Then again, even when she's not teething I'm sometimes amused that she'll refuse something warmed up but take it cold. She's independent and stubborn (I blame it all on DH) so I figure I'm just getting a little taste of the long road ahead lol! :D
*Jaci*

Offline bug_blues70

« Reply #426 on: January 04, 2011, 01:35:36 am »
Jaci, thanks :) I think teething must make a huge difference here too b/c the very day after her top tooth FINALLY poked thru (she now has one top and one bottom!!) she started eating a lot more. She's still picky, and she doesn't usually like hot foods either (cold or luke warm is what she prefers) but she's actually eating now. FX it continues!! And just like yours, she seems to have her favorite few foods and that's all she'll eat. Funny thing is they're mostly white or yellowish. Don't know if that's coincidence or not b/c sometimes she'll eat other colors and there are lots of white or yellow foods she won't eat.

Megan

Offline inoella

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #427 on: January 04, 2011, 02:35:04 am »
mostly white or yellowish
bread and cheese - YUM! :)
*Jaci*

Offline Hester

• Showing Appreciation 28
  • Welcome to fall ;)
    • My Usana site
« Reply #428 on: January 04, 2011, 17:39:20 pm »
xx want to read up on you all before I start :)

Offline timmysmommy

• Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2011, 16:10:38 pm »
Hugs Megan! Hope your lo gets more adventurous soon!  Glad to hear the tooth is out!  T is also fissure now he is teething. Sometimes he'll burst into tears in the midst of eating.  I think his gums get sore and hurt when something bumps it.  He likes cold food right now too.

Just wanted to update that MIL was perfectly fine with T eating real food at Christmas.  I think the big pieces were what freaked her out in the beginning.  I give T small pieces now as he started refusing the big chunks.  She didn't seem the least bit concerned.  Nice to know that stress is over!

Offline bakershaker

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mom of 3- Baker 12/07, Myla 03/10, Sawyer 03/14
« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2011, 17:14:48 pm »
She might, but I don't really think so. Definitely not with her hands - she loves to roll her food between both hands and get it everywhere. And she'll eat lots of different textures, but just not much of anything. Hey I read on the 7-9 BC post (that I'm not technically on anymore!) that Myla said kitty... that's so cool!! It's crazy - that was the first thing Ellen said! That and hot. She still doesn't say mama or dada, but every time she sees a kitty she gets all excited and says keee. And when she sees the stove or my coffee cup, she'll say haaaaa.

That is to adorable that she says "haaaa". i'm so excited for cute words and all that:)
Mommy to 3 beautiful little ones

Offline Kimberlina

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2011, 19:27:38 pm »
Hooray about your MIL, Amy!

Jack had cottage pie for dinner tonight and couldn't get it into his mouth quick enough! Properly hand-over-fist! Oh, and did you know that cottage pie and orange segment AT THE SAME TIME is where it's at?! We'll call it, cottage pie a la Jack! :D

My MIL confessed the other day that at first, she wasn't very comfortable (bless her for going along with it anyway!) but said that she's totally converted now! J was sat with a lamb chop in his fist and happy as larry! HOORAY!
♥ Kim

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2011, 19:39:26 pm »
Well the best eater in the world has hit a slow patch.  Her next 2 top teeth are coming inin and she really is not eating now I guess.  I will give her her faves and she just squishes it and throws it on the floor.  She will still eat frozen blueberries though

Offline Meditrina

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2011, 23:51:39 pm »
We are only eating frozen blueberries, strawberries, peas and carrots  :( Poor girl is teething so bad, screamed thru supper tonight.  Also she is loving icy cold water in her sippy.   ;)
~Mary~

Offline bug_blues70

« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2011, 00:27:24 am »
! Oh, and did you know that cottage pie and orange segment AT THE SAME TIME is where it's at?! We'll call it, cottage pie a la Jack!
\

LOL that truly made me laugh out loud!!!!

That is to adorable that she says "haaaa". i'm so excited for cute words and all that:)

It's funny too b/c she gets this really serious look on her face and opens her mouth really wide to say it. And she'll hold up her hand palm out facing the hot thing, hehe :) Still no mama or dada tho!!

Good luck on the teething Sarah!! I hope they come in quick! Ellen's took about 4 weeks I think, b/c that's how long she was not acting herself before those teeth poked thru. Do you guys with teethers let your LOs suck on ice? Ellen loves it - she'll come steal it out of our cups if we let her :)

Megan