Author Topic: Baby Lead Weaning Support Thread - Part 7  (Read 62777 times)

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
Re: Baby Lead Weaning Support Thread - Part 7
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2010, 08:39:03 am »
Sarah I wish I looked that bad without any make up on!!!

So here it is, the BLW photo gallery:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=178354.new#new

I've been threatening to post these photos of DD for AGES, I forget there was actually a photo gallery on here.
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline Lola's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2010, 20:57:34 pm »
A great thread and some lovely pictures.

I've tried to upload some pictures but even after resizing it says they're too big... Giving up now but will try again another time.
<:SOPHIE:>

My Angels in heaven, loved and never forgotten: October 2010 and December 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Meditrina

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2010, 21:00:10 pm »
I love the pics!!!!  Super cute.

I have been reading along, but not posting.  DD has not been doing to well, loves eating but it does not seem to agree with her!!!  She has not been herself, not sleeing well, so yesterday we had a solid free day and she STTN so I'm not sure what was bothering her.  She was also getting a big red spot on the side of her face and head while eating and after fore a few hours and face rashes but I thought the rash was maybe teething???  ANyways I will continue to follow along and hope to re start soon!!!

~Mary~

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2010, 21:17:33 pm »
Are you on facebook Sophie because that site automatically makes the pics smaller. I always just add them from facebook to save myself the trouble.
I have a new bib for DS. It is a Tommee Tippee one that is bendy plastic with a pouch at the bottom so any dropped food gets caught in there instead of on the floor/highchair. It is so funny watching DS look in there and decide what piece of dropped food he wants and then try to fish it out. Saves on the wastage and mess a little too.

What were you feeding her Mary? I find DS gets a contact rash/red blotches from some foods on his skin around his mouth. Tomatoes are one culprit and anything acidic. It goes quickly though and he doesn't seem bothered by it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 21:19:39 pm by CADIE'S MUM »
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Lola's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2010, 21:30:40 pm »
Thanks Cadie's mum. I am on Facebook, so will try that if the pictures are up there.

I've also got the Tommee Tippee bib. Not the super rigid one but the more flexible one. It's great now that DD picks the food out of it. I know feeding time is over when she pulls it up over her head, though!
<:SOPHIE:>

My Angels in heaven, loved and never forgotten: October 2010 and December 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2010, 21:38:24 pm »
Yes we have the flexible one you can roll up. I guess it is more rubbery than plastic. LOL pulling it up on the head. DS hasn't learnt that trick yet.

Offline Meditrina

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2010, 21:57:36 pm »
I have given her pear, banana, peaches, squash, peas.  DS used to get the rash when he ate plum and gat hives when he ate cranberries.  It is the sleep I was most concerned about I think we will restart in a few days.  Maybe Monday. 
~Mary~

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2010, 21:58:16 pm »
Are you on facebook Sophie because that site automatically makes the pics smaller. I always just add them from facebook to save myself the trouble.
I have a new bib for DS. It is a Tommee Tippee one that is bendy plastic with a pouch at the bottom so any dropped food gets caught in there instead of on the floor/highchair. It is so funny watching DS look in there and decide what piece of dropped food he wants and then try to fish it out. Saves on the wastage and mess a little too.

What were you feeding her Mary? I find DS gets a contact rash/red blotches from some foods on his skin around his mouth. Tomatoes are one culprit and anything acidic. It goes quickly though and he doesn't seem bothered by it.

I have been finding this too with some of the fruit I give EL

Thanks for the menu on the Pic board Cadies' mum, I forgot I should have asked here ::)

So yes, until I know what I should do about the suspect wheat, I have not offered her anything that was not a fruit, veg, or meat.  I am going to try an egg though.  I may just give her a little bread before going to the Dr. that way if she does react the Dr. will see it..what do you think?  Bad idea to give it?  Oh and we are dairy/soy free right now so that also cuts down on what I am giving her :(

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2010, 22:11:56 pm »
Hmmm...what about fish Sarah? DS likes salmon, tuna and white fish like cod and sole. And lentils or beans or rice? Quinoa is a good one too. And cous cous. And DS likes mushrooms too.

Offline ~Sarah~

• The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2010, 02:41:35 am »
I think she would like the fish.  I was not sure when she would be able to get the other grains in her mouth.  She is just 6mo

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2010, 10:42:13 am »
You can stick the grains together with a little puree to make sticky lumps/balls that they can grab. Might she be able to handle that?  And I made some lentil cakes by adapting a version of a recipe someone gave me on here.
Just remember DS likes flap jacks too and I eat them as the oats help my supply stay up.

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2010, 12:26:46 pm »
Mary, peaches, squash, cranberries and plums are high in salicylates.  Both your LOs *may* have a salicylate sensitivity.  Ds2 certainly does, we will only be introducing low salicylate foods for now, until we can determine his tolerance.  DH as a child was sensitive to them and used to develope contact rashes a swelling around his mouth when  he ate them mainly strawberries, mango and passionfuit - all high to very high in sals.   Its real pain to only do 'low' sals, basically you can only give pears for fruit and swede, green beans, mung beans, bamboo shoots, cabbages, kidney beans, lentils, shallots, choko, white peeled potato for lows.  She may be able to tolerate moderate salicylates - they are things like sweet potato, pumpkin, delicious apples, peas, asparagus just to name a few.

Offline ~Sarah~

• The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2010, 13:04:41 pm »
I had no idea there were so many food sensitivities until my little miss elise came along!!

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2010, 15:35:29 pm »
But you've got to let her off because she is just too GORGEOUS!
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline ~Sarah~

• The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2010, 20:52:54 pm »
OHHH Thanks...I think she is!  I am hoping she has the lovely curls that you and your DD have.  My sister has hair that curly and mine is more of a heavy wave than a curl.

Well, I did not have th guts to tell the Ped that we are doing BLW.  She is young and was really good about their reflux, not old school wait it out.  But, I just don't think the BLW would have flown.  Mostly bc when I was explaining about how DD had reached for DS's toast and that is how the wheat thing came up.  She was kind of like Ya right, and started saying something about how it works out best for them to not have those types of food until they are 7-8mo. (meaning finger foods).  She also thinks bc there is no family history, it may have been coincidental, and honestly, it may have been.  She poped a tooth that day and she very easily could have had a teething rash (it was a lot like heat rash, not hives)   So I think I may give her some pasta again to try before I go into full whole grain bread again.