Author Topic: New to MPI and feeling overwhelmed  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Mama2boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 247
Re: New to MPI and feeling overwhelmed
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 22:58:36 pm »
Thanks Bethany and Deb, maybe will wait another week and then slowly bring in cheese, on the other hand, my nights are already so bad that it wont make a diff. Or should I just drink milk a coupel of days and see what happens my gut is taht it was a stomach bug not an MPI....any guidance wise ladies?
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 23:09:01 pm »
Mukta, I think you are off dairy for your DS because you are bfing?  Sweetheart I would eliminate ALL dairy for at least two weeks to see if you notice an improvement...if you don't see any difference you can pretty much discount dairy, if you do see a good improvement let that improvement stabilise for at least 7 days before trialling any dairy - I would start by trialling the hidden dairy, then probably try yoghurt etc.....that would just be how I tried it (and how I am going to try it as I am going off dairy as of today too) because at least then your elimination may answer some questions for you, if you don't do it completely I don't think it will be obvious enough whether it has helped or not.  Just my opinion though
xxx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Gypsymom

• aka Shannon
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • DS1 - born May 1/08 DS2 - born May 14/10
    • Rainstorm Whitenoise
Re: New to MPI and feeling overwhelmed
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 04:29:18 am »
I would recommend hitting the organic foods section at your supermarket (or a health food market) as they will have far more options. In general, you do have to make more stuff yourself, but the ingredient list tends to be much shorter on the organic stuff - granted, it's pricey in some cases, but assuming you're not gluten free too, finding a nice dairy-free pancake mix for a quick lunch with the kiddos is so helpful. The other good thing about going to these stores (especially smaller, boutique ones) is that the staff have loads of good advice and can point you at some products you might never otherwise have tried.

As for sensitivity, I can scarce believe how little can set my DS2 off - a few weeks ago, I had a bite of steak (which I had ordered along with an undressed salad at a restaurant), I immediately told DH that there was butter on my steak. He thought I was being ridiculous but when you haven't eaten it for awhile (and I like it!) it stuck out like a sore thumb. We checked with the waitress and sure enough, it had been brushed with garlic butter. The little guy was off for 3 days off just that one bite!

For milk replacements, I'd suggest giving a few different brands of whatever you choose a try... I've found a big variance in texture, flavor, etc from one to another.