Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread  (Read 79916 times)

Offline lily528

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread
« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2012, 20:24:30 pm »
Clairebear-  I'd be happy with that 11 hr night even if it was a 1.5 hr or so nap but I've lost my 11 hr nights...I NEED to get them back..well actually we HAD 12 hr nights before all this but I'd be fine with 11 hrs. 

so you think I should do slightly earlier at 7:40 instead of 8?  I just don't want to encourage this early morning...but also don't want her OT...she's been a wreck since waking from her nap...so not even sure if she'd make it til 8 anyway..nor will I at this rate...

these 6 something wake up are just killing me...I always wake around 6 anyway but that was my time to work out shower get stuff going for the day etc...now I'd have to get up at 5...that's just awful and more importantly with an 8 pm BT she just isn't getting enough night sleep...
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #376 on: June 07, 2012, 21:12:53 pm »
I think we have some growing or teeth happening here!

Two mornings in a row with a 7am wake up (I had to wake yesterday)... in bed at 720pm the time I had to wake at 7am... last night, she was PD at 720pm but chatted until almost 740pm... she was tired and rubbing her eyes at 9am!  WTH?!  Must be something going on - she is like this when teething so it could be those damn canines again!

Offline Mama_Mia

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #377 on: June 07, 2012, 23:43:01 pm »
Mama C what were his WU times on no nap days?  Does he generally wake the same time everyday?
He normally wakes around the same time 6:45-7:00am but he seems to wake earlier after a no nap day. It seems that after a no nap day he wakes anywhere from 6:00-6:45 almost never as late as 7:00. I used to wake him everyday at 7:00 but I havent had to do that in probably a month now.

He did end up sleeping today from 2:00-2:30 so I thought with a short nap he would need an earlier BT. So I put him down at 7:00 but now at 7:40 he is still messing around. This kid is so "low nap" needs its hard to figure him out.

Offline stardust599

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #378 on: June 08, 2012, 10:21:59 am »
Still EW here.

LO had 2 days of waking herself at 1.25hrs ish after a shorter night then we hit OT hell. Awake at 4.45am this morning and asking for bed at 9am eeek. LO also cant switch off when OT and is taking on average 1-1.5hrs to fall asleep at BT. Holding out for a 12pm PD and will allow 2.15nap and hopefully 5hrs A to BT. FXd for me x
Mummy to a beautiful girl born Nov 2010 - touchy baby now a touchy/spirited Toddler!

Baby boy born 2nd July 2012 - my very spirited little monkey with MSPI, GERD & dysphagia.  Here to help ask me anything :-)

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #379 on: June 08, 2012, 19:55:29 pm »
Sounds like a good plan Stardust!  Good luck!  We were there last week with a 430am start - good times!  Pushing the nap did fix it very quickly though!

I got a 715am wake up after a 2 hr nap and 725pm sleep time last night.  I swear this kid is gonna wake up as a 5 year old soon!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #380 on: June 09, 2012, 02:30:53 am »
omg I got

wu 6:45
nap 1-1:45!  (REALLY?! WHY?!)
bt 7:15 (the goal was an earlier bt but had to go to part of my son's bball game...was his first time pitching couldn't miss that..so hard having two so far apart in age sometimes :/)

I don't even know what to do anymore..I can't seem to get her to wake later although I guess technically today was 20 mins later than she has been doing but still 6 something..and the nap...ugh I don't even want to call it that...so hard not to get upset over it all
<3 Melissa

Offline Mama_Mia

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #381 on: June 09, 2012, 02:41:37 am »
lily, are you sure she isnt ut? She is 21 months correct? M has always been on the very high side of A times, but if he woke at 6:45 I would have called it 7:00 and put him down at 1:30

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2012, 03:44:33 am »
Melissa - how long was her night before that?

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #383 on: June 09, 2012, 18:30:48 pm »
So how did she sleep Melissa?  I am with Mama_C & suspect UT, esp since she keeps resisting/refusing the nap.

BTW we are getting nap resistance too.  The other day I followed cues & he did his first eye rub at 6.5hrs, & that was following a 10.75hr night.  Today he was put down for his usual 6h A & he didn't fall asleep til 6h 15.  So we are definitely stretching that morning A.  If he had a 12hr night plus, I'd almost think we could manage some days with no nap now, YK?x
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 18:32:54 pm by clairebear79 »

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #384 on: June 09, 2012, 20:44:58 pm »
So... I am scared to say it outloud but DAY 5 OF A 7AM WAKEUP!!!!  OMG!

And today she didn't go for a nap until 1pm... so, now my big question - how long do I let her sleep?  She was doing 1230-230pm with BT at 730pm and things were fine but clearly she is needing that nap a bit later now... I was thinking cap at 1 hr 45 to ensure she is ready for bed at 730pm... hoping that the later nap that was a touch shorter would keep BT the same???  Thoughts?

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #385 on: June 09, 2012, 20:54:57 pm »
Girls I  not sure of ANYTHING anymore. Think her might before was 11 hrs. I don't even know anymore :/ last night she slept 7:10-6:55 a.m. PD for nap at 1 BECAUSE she yawned and rubbed her eyes all morning and was a wreck HOWEVER she played nearly an hour and barely slept an hour. She woke with a dirty diaper though which I think played a big part. She never dirties her diaper so she had to be comfortable. :/ thinking maybe a longer morning A?  How long though?  So lost. No idea on BT tonight either
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #386 on: June 09, 2012, 20:58:38 pm »
Melissa - think it could be a developmental blip?

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #387 on: June 09, 2012, 21:00:05 pm »
Yay Kara that's fab!!!  Yes I would cap slightly.  She may go down fine at 7.30pm, or she may need until 7.45pm before she is ready for bed.  What you have to watch out for with the later nap is that they don't get UT at BT.  If the 1pm nap keeps happening & she starts taking ages to fall asleep at BT, that is when you know you need to start cutting the nap back.  I am also finding that a 15min A increase in the AM also helps.

I am hoping we have found a new solution:

Up: 7.15am
Nap: 1.30-3
Bed: 8pm

I am thinking of shifting it all 30mins earlier as you would do with DST b/c I have to be honest - I don't really like the 8pm BT, it feels too late, & the 7.15am WU is lovely on my days at home but on my days at work it can be quite a pain b.c there isn't enough time to get us all ready for work!

Melissa - we are heading towards 6h 15 A time now, Mama_C is doing 6,5hrs - maybe she does need a wee bit more now hun?  I know it sucks b.c its a big change from what she was doing, but at least she is still pulling some decent nights to make up for it.  45min nap+12hr night = 12h 45 - that's just as much sleep in 24hrs as Oliver is doing IYSWIM?  If you are really concerned it is OT & not UT then you can always try an earlier & longer nap for a couple of days & see if that resets her, yk?x
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 21:02:28 pm by clairebear79 »

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #388 on: June 09, 2012, 21:39:26 pm »
I dunno. I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Today I would have bet she was OT based on how she was all morning. Sigh I feel so lost. I hate this. She's in a great mood right now at 5:30. No idea when to do bed. 8pm is late for me too but worth a later WU WHEN we were getting one. So with our day being...

6:55 WU
2:10-2:55 nap (she did over 7 hrs A..pd was at 1 6 hrs A)
???  BT  I guess 7?  Or push til 8?
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #389 on: June 09, 2012, 21:40:51 pm »
I would do 7pm :)