Author Topic: 1 yr old crying before naps, chronic short napper and early waking. Please Help  (Read 19718 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
How's Ethan doing today?  Is he on antibiotics?
LAURA xx

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Thanks for asking he has finished his antibiotics, but then we have all had a sickness bug. I think we're on the mend now! Ethans naps have been good the last 2 days 1hr in the morning and 30 in the afternoon so hopefully they will carry on after he is better

Offline babybarr

Great news!  Did you try extending that first A time?

Hope *you* feel better soon.
LAURA xx

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
We are all a lot better today. We have only been doing a 3hr 45min A time with Ethan being poorly, but today we only got an 18min nap which sucks, not looking forward to the clock change on Sunday. Anyone got any tips, its a struggle keeping him up until 7pm as it is never mind an hour later. Thanks Laura x

Offline babybarr

Now that you are better I would really try pushing that A time to 4.5hrs and see what happens - tomorrow is the perfect day to try doing much later naps, as it should help you get a later bedtime,  if not hun yes it'll be an early start on Sun BUT just add half an hour on to everything and within a couple of days things should even out.
LAURA xx

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Thanks. I don't think Ethan is still quite right. He is crying so much, even in his night sleep and previously he used to wake happy in the morning, but for the last 2 days he has woke screaming, could it be OT

Offline babybarr

Perhaps - or maybe he is still just poorly, I'd probably put my money on that one.  What happened today with naps and bed?
LAURA xx

Offline Brock~Tahlia~Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 19
Oh no Laura, sorry to hear you guys have been unwell.
Sounds like the bug has really knocked him around.
Hugs xxx
*Alice*

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Well we were out yesterday and he slept really well. He slept in the car after a 4hr 15min A time for 35mins. Then we did a 3hr 30min A time and he slept 1hr in the car even though we were parked up not moving, so that was great. As he napped so well I kept him up until 7.30pm hoping to get a lie in ready for the clock change. It didn't work he woke screaming at 5.15am I did WIWO for 30mins then got him up as he wasn't going back to sleep, so now we have a very tired little boy. The crying in the night is still going on. I don't go to him because he has been settling himself after less than a minute, but it takes me ages to go back to sleep and this is about  3 or 4 times a night. Any ideas what to do about naps to get him back on track should I go on A times or push him to get on clock times. Thanks so much for all your advice Laura x

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Hi all. We have had such a hard day. We did 4.5hr A time and got a 25min nap and then a 4hr A time and got 30min. Ethan has been so unhappy crying a lot, I don't know if its just tiredness or teething or if he is still poorly, he has no symptoms other than he is so unhappy. I just want him to be happy again. Thanks Laura

Offline momtonb&ab

• Showing Appreciation 234
it sure sounds like something isn't right - i wonder if he isn't fully recovered. 

Offline babybarr

((hugs)) Laura.

It does sound like he's still poorly.  One thing to remember though is after a short nap like 30mins or so maek sure the next A time is not longer than about 2.5-3hrs.

I def think the crying in the night is OT and I would continue with the early bed - I understand why you wanted to do a later bedtime though last night ;)

Were his naps in the cot today?
LAURA xx

Offline Brock~Tahlia~Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 19
OH dear...Yes I agree with pps, sounds as though he's still not well. Can you take him back for a follow up app with his dr? Maybe get him to take a good look at his gums for swelling or new cutting teeth?
Also does your DS have SA? (Seperation anxiety?)

Hugs sweetie xx
*Alice*

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Thanks so much for all your kind answers I'm so grateful to find people who understand. I think I'm going to take him back to the doctors. Something is not right. He slept ok last night we didn't have any night wakings, but he did wake upset at 5.20am ugggh I did 25mins WIWO, but no success. I just don't know how we are going to get through the day from such an early start on 2 short naps. He has only had 10hrs 45min night sleep. Before the clock change he was having mostly 11.5hrs. His first nap yesterday was in his cot, the second was in his pram, we were out as Ethans mood was so bad we couldn't stay home anymore. Thanks again so much Laura

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Hi , well I really pushed Ethans first A time. I took him into the garden and walked him up and down stairs trying to make sure he was really worn out and kept him up for 4.5hrs and got 30mins nap. I did WIWO and he was just frantic with it so I stayed in with him,but he just won't go back to sleep. I don't know what to do. I am so depressed with him being so unhappy. Thanks for listening Laura