Author Topic: My 12 WO Baby started napping only for 45 mnt to an hour Help!!  (Read 925 times)

Offline daya

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I am new to the Easy routine. For more than a week i have been trying to put my baby on the a EASY Routine but everyday he wakes up at a different time and it seems that i can never set a wake up time for him. Even though i haven't had a routine set yet, i was always able to have him on a 2 hour nap after his one hour AT. Two o three days ago he started napping only for an hour and waking up an hour before his ET. Do you think this is because he might be over stimulated or just having a growing spurt (i was told that @  ???12 wks there is one). Should i extent his AT to 2 hours so that we can nap for and hour and wake up right when he needs to eat? i really don't know what to do. And to top it all of he is still waking up 2 to 3 times during the night. Please help, any advise for this new EASY mom?

Thank you!!

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
Re: My 12 WO Baby started napping only for 45 mnt to an hour Help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:22:04 am »
Hi there, well for a 3 month old the general A time is around 1.5 hours, BUT you have to increase it slowly, 15mins every couple of days to allow his body to adjust. If you can put up your day in EASY that will help us see the bigger picture of things. it does just sound like he needs more A time, hes a bit undertired for his sleeps so hes not tired enough to sleep the full 1.5-2 hours and then hes trying to get the extra A time he needs in the night instead of the day.
If you could start by having a set wakeup time that will help things alot more, trying to set his body clock is a good idea :)

Offline daya

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: My 12 WO Baby started napping only for 45 mnt to an hour Help!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 23:04:12 pm »
Hello,

so i've been traying for weeks to get him on a schedule.

For the afternoon naps when i wake im up to feed him, he seems very sleepy, he eats while he eats and sometimes i have to wake him up so he can continue eating. This has being happening lately, before he would wake up by himself.

This is more or less how the day is.

E:7
S:8 (i put him to sleep @ this time because when he wakes up, he seems very sleepy, but he ends up     waking up an hour or half hour before his next feeding)
E:10
S:11:30 more or less

E:1
S: 2:30 some times longer, some times less

E:4
S:5.15 or 5:30

E:7
Bath: 7:30
S:8:00 (for some reason he does want to go to sleep, he cries, and cries until his next feeding or until i give him the breast. I don't feed him after bath time because he ate before so he should be hungry i think. I don't know if he is crying because he is really hungry or because he just wants the breast to fall a sleep.

DF: 10 or 11

E: around 1

E around 4-5am

Please  Help

Thanks!!!